Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
294 Posts
i dunno. my last trip one guy complained that i was crazy loud on his end, but i heard him just fine on mine. no one else complained, so i told him to turn his volume down. he said it was just me, everyone else was fine. i dunno

i just got a new antenna this week that i will install and have tuned on friday. we'll see what happens.

·
on line
366 Posts
mcampana said:
I have a basic cobra cb. But i use a magnetic mount antenna which is perfectly tuned with an swr meter. But on my last run everyone told me that they could barely hear me because of static. Would it be the antenna? Or is my radio phucked?
Did you "mod" the CB at all? :D I had a CB way back in the day that I had "tuned" for more power, and after I did that, everyone complained that I sounded like crap.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, i havent done anything to it. I found a local cb shop about 12 miles from me. I called them and im going there on friday to have em check it out for me and or get me a new mic, antenna, or wahtever i may need. I talked to usmc about it as well and he told me a couple little tweaks good cb shops can do to fix it. I just think i have a cheap ass cb or i damadged the antenna when offroading. Who the hell knows. Ill post up what the solution is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts