Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put alot of miles on my Xterra because I work in the Rd. I've never had to do more than change the oil and the brakes. I noticed yesterday on the last leg of a 600 mile drive that it was periodically making a clicking/squeaking noise and I'm losing power and it's feeling sluggish between 25-45 mph once I hit 50 and up it goes away. Any suggestions on what could possibly be causing this? I read on google it could possibly be the air flow sensor. I just wanted to get an opinion from people that are familiar with this particular vehicle. It's a 2011 standard model.

·
Well then...
579 Posts
Do you have any warning lights on in the dashboard? It’s near impossible to diagnose without just a bit more info, if it is a sensor chances are that you’ll get a code. How many miles on your truck?

Stop by an autozone and have them scan your ECU for trouble codes.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Share your mileage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
214,060 and no that's what threw me off was that no warning lights are coming on. I'm gonna take it by AutoZone but someone had told me that if there is no dash light on that most likely their diagnostic test won't register it either.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There are numerous items which could be at fault.

Considering your mileage, I would check your catalytic converters.

Follow the instructions on the video posted below

·
Registered
152 Posts
Probably has nothing to do with the power loss but try turning off your AC the next time it happens. I'll try anything when hunting ghost👻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts