Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and received my lift! Yee ha!

Top Gunz 2 inch Spacers
PRGs Deaver Mini - Add a Leaf Kit w/ new UBolts
Bilstien 5125 rear shocks
PRG 3 inch Shackles

But... I have no help to install it! I am putting out a request and plea for anyone in the Philadelphia area to help me put the lift in! I would do it myself, but I'd rather have help. And, especially another Xterra owner preferably someone who has done a lift before. Tall order I know. I am willing to provide breakfast, lunch, dinner and beer for anyone who can help me.

:sign3:

·
on line
807 Posts
If you don't want to go to NJ to do it, I could help you out. I don't have any air tools though, just handtools, which is what I used to do mine.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you don't need air tools to do the job, i did mine with hand tools (no power tools at all), but i will say make sure you have C-clamps when you do the deavers, they will help a ton compressing everything together so the pin can be put in without screwing it up.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
Make sure you have new u bolts and 3 degree shims muther fu#*er!

Drive to akron, and we can do it inmy garage. Since i did it to mine already shouldnt take us more than 5 hours!
That means 10, well at least for me, whatever I estimate it almost always seems to take twice as long.

·
on line
79 Posts
i would say that i could help you, but you're probably a good 2 or 3 hours away from me.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Creek you still doing this Saturday? I doubt I will be there. The wife is just miserable and my 2 year is driving her nuts.

As for Air Tools. I have really only used them to remove the tires! Otherwise for the front end you need the feel from hand tools.

BTW: remember to torque to specs.

Ah if there is demand I can host a mod day in November. My parents have a large 2 car garage and I can get my hands on the compressor.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
i highly doubt i'll be doing it this Saturday. PRG hasn't shipped it yet, and being that it's coming from Cali, i doubt it'll be here by then end of the week. If i don't do it next week, i probably won't be able to do it until November. I'll be in SC the weekend of the 20th and Vegas the weekend of the 27th. Soooooo....a mod day in Nov. could quite possibly work.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
what's your total price on that minus the new shocks?
X2!

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Total cost of PRG lift is...

With Bilsteins 5125s
$449

Without Bilstein 5125s is approximately
$260.

Greg discounts larger orders and I had a 10% discount, so everything is relative and not precise numbers.

I bought my spacers from Top Gunz, so don't include that in the $260. They were $99.

Happy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts