Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as usual we visited my inlaws in socal and almost everytime i go there i get something for my truck, this time i got this.

its a universal magnaflow muffler 4X9 and 14" long, sounds a little ricey right now, hopefully it will sound better once its broken in.
LMK what you guys think...

·
on line
631 Posts
mine sounded ricey when i first put it on too.. after a few hundred miles it wears in and has a nice deep tone to it...

·
on line
32 Posts
Mine also was a bit ricey at first... Ive noticed it is ricey-er when it is cold, and once the X runs for 10-15 minutes and the muffler heats up, it sounds much better.

At about 3000 rpm mine really starts to resonate - does anyone else notice to huge difference between 3000-4500 rpm?

·
on line
631 Posts
Ya I notice the noise too... mostly street driving, but I drive with the windows down now... on the freeway my tires are louder

·
on line
443 Posts
What size pipe do we have down there? 2.5 or 2.25? Yea, Im stupid and cant find it via search...shoot me. ;)

·
on line
22 Posts
I like mine! The only dowmside is it totally kills the low end. I was able to get some of the low end back with the Volant and the IMS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts