Bilstein 5100 front adjustable height Shocks
Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Nisstec rear AAL

Electrical/External
Xoskel low profile light bar
Tuff LED 20" bar surrounded by 2 6" Tuff LED bars = 6000 lumens

Armor:
Custom fitted pre-fabbed Rock Sliders

I guess its about time I put something together now that the mods are beginning to commence...

I picked this Xterra OffRoad back in November from an independent truck dealer that had it listed for a good deal. I ended up trading $12k for her, which isn't a bad deal considering it is a fully loaded OffRoad in good condition with 89k miles on it at the time.

Here she is shortly after I picked her up..
Xterra by LongRangePro, on Flickr

I had to pop her cherry by taking her on a local trail. I chose to run Jacoby Canyon in Big Bear for the maiden voyage.
Jacoby Canyon - Xterra by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Jacoby Canyon - Xterra by LongRangePro, on Flickr

After the maiden voyage, I decided to pull off the step rails and take her out for a quick overnighter in the Mojave Desert out by the Marble Mountains.

Amboy Crater
Marble mtns 1/18/14 by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Campsite
Untitled by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Pup waiting on breakfast.

Part of the trail

Guardians of Rt. 66

I then decided to add tires and sliders. Specifically Cooper ST MAXX tires in 285's and generic DOM tube sliders.
Sliders by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Sliders by LongRangePro, on Flickr

I even got around to installing an Xoskel low pro light bar and some Tuff LED light bars that give a combined light output (rating) of 6000 lumens. Its enough to light up the night.

And finally a lift. I used a Nisstec rear AAL kit with 2* shims and Bilstein 5100 shocks in the rear and Bilstein 5100 height adjustable shocks in the front.

Pretty parts
6.16.14 by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Equals a nice stance.. This is how it currently sits.. Comparison of how it looked when I got it, compared to today.
When I got it to today. Tires, lights, sliders and lift. In that order. by LongRangePro, on Flickr

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more gratuitous photos of the rig...

lava flows 1 by LongRangePro, on Flickr

IMG_5326 by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Mailbox by LongRangePro, on Flickr

under bridge by LongRangePro, on Flickr

windy road by LongRangePro, on Flickr

xterra on a hill by LongRangePro, on Flickr

IMG_5162.jpg by LongRangePro, on Flickr

IMG_5176.jpg by LongRangePro, on Flickr

IMG_5193.jpg by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Ive even used the X as a tow vehicle..
Xterra towing by LongRangePro, on Flickr
The boat and trailer weighs in somewhere around 6,000lbs and I didn't have to tow it too far. I definitely wouldn't take this on the freeway with the X, thats for sure.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:headbang: Nice start to a mighty fine Xterra Page, LongRange308.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old Navy: Hopefully its up to snuff for you now. Sorry about that. I actually cross posted this over from ExpeditionPortal, so I didn't even think about formatting.

Spdu4ia: Here ya go. Rem700 in .308 at home in an Elesio RTS chassis with Bushnell Elite DMR glass..
rts2 by LongRangePro, on Flickr

Its looks pretty much this way now, with the exception of adding an FDE Magpul Miad grip to match, swapping the Bob-Ro bipod out for a Harris and adding the muzzle break (2" Shrewd brake)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Went and played a little bit at a local off road park. Mostly played around in the training/testing area where they stage some pretty rough stuff to get over. The Sluice and rutted hills were cake to get over. Without the lift, I likely would have dragged on the sliders and underbelly a bit more.

The shocks also feel great out on the trail. Much improved over the standard Bilsteins.

Heres a quick video I put together. My girlfriend was recording with her iPhone while holding onto my 75lb pitlab on the leash, so I apologize for the unstable video. I also did all the editing and stitching together on iMovie on my iPhone.

http://vimeo.com/98998669

1 - 12 of 12 Posts