Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone.
Been a long time since I’ve been on here, though not intentional.
For several years, I was up at 3:45am and to work for at least a 10hr day.
Then home to my shop most every night for 2 or more hours, answer emails, repeat.
Full day Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday just to keep orders moving out.
Did not leave time for much else, and rarely much off-roading or camping anymore.
I’m just finishing up a year and a half project of closing down my factory of 36 years employed and moving most of it to Mexico in phases to minimize downtime, and empty out the plant of all the production processes that didn’t get moved. A purpose built facility that must be turned into an empty warehouse. Huge project all around, but we pulled it off in the tight timeframe. It required lots of extra hours and days, and I apologize for delays on delivery.

Anyway, I’m now just focusing my future primarily on expanding my armor fabrication business and taking on smaller outside fab jobs again.
I want to add several Xterra products I’ve had on my mind for years, but absolutely had not one more second of spare time available in which to do them, as I’ve carried 6 to 12 months backlog with zero advertising.

I’m currently working on reducing the backlog to minimum and then start some new products development.
Front bumper(s) for sure, and several items I can’t mention yet.

I bought a 2017 frontier a couple of years ago and will be making all the armor for those in the future too.
I’ve got virtually all the parts setting in my shop to do the full Titan swap/drop bracket lift for it, but tires/wheels took 3 to 5 months to get, so I missed my window of opportunity to get it done last fall before I had to let all my crew go.
It’s been just me finishing loading out trailers since Xmas, so zero time off.
That and we got covid when we went to Moab in October so 3 weeks off.

Frontier probably won’t get done till after GONEmoab now. If gas prices keep going up, might wait longer yet.
Anyway, I intend on having more of a presence on here and show what projects I’m working on.

I just got my TS radflo’s back from Radflo for rebuild as they were starting to leak after the moab white rim trail trip. Xterra mostly stays in the garage unless on an off road excursion. Need to get it serviced up for Moab.
I think it’s like 130k for an 06’, so pretty solid rig yet. Looking forward to a lot more trips in it again. The last two plus years have absolutely sucked with covid, friends not well, work, no vacations.
Hope to change that!

Looking forward to continue build some great, functional quality parts for your rigs.
I’m definitely old school and always want to deliver the best with no BS.

Dave Horting aka Maxterra
Maxgear Armor

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,120 Posts
Great news, Dave. I've enjoyed my MaxGear rear bumper immensely over the last couple years.

Thank you for fabricating quality products for this small community and I'm looking forward to what comes next!

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
272 Posts
Sorry to see your factory go down. Good luck with your product expansions! I just got a shrock front bumper. 5 1/2 month wait for your reference in the future.

·
TNX Administrator
20,617 Posts
Well you're definitely welcomed back anytime here Dave... A lot of the old members have been popping in here and there checking things out. Our little Mod Squad have been keeping this site alive and truckin'...

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is incredible! I've been looking to change out my rear bumper on my 07 for awhile now, but saw that you weren't active anymore and was super sad because I like the look of yours the best. I logged in today after seeing some nice rigs at a cars and coffee and decided to get my X in better shape for the 4x4 show they will have later this year, and see you're back! It sounds like you're incredibly busy, but if possible, I'd like to get an order in. Let me know!

·
TNX Senior Member
576 Posts
Glad to see you're back around, these last few years have been pretty rough for most of us. In my opinion Dave makes the best rear bumper for the Xterra. I'm definitely interested to see what you have in the works for the future. Here is my Maxterra bumper, going on 6 years without any issues
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive carrying rack Plant

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts