Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARB has lockers out for us now guys. (those of us with S and SE models)

ARB airlockers:

Frt.: RD107 $750.00
Rear: RD24 $750.00

i think i will be locked front and rear by this time next year, if not sooner. i just have to decide if im going SAS in the front first though, but definitely the rear locker is in my near future.

·
on line
122 Posts
Got a question for y'all. My Xterra is an S model and it has a 12 bolt Dana axle. Which Dana is it? The C200 or the Dana 44.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
defibvt said:
Got a question for y'all. My Xterra is an S model and it has a 12 bolt Dana axle. Which Dana is it? The C200 or the Dana 44.
It's the dana 44 variant.

·
on line
122 Posts
NIHL8NX said:

ARB airlockers:

i think i will be locked front and rear by this time next year, if not sooner. i just have to decide if im going SAS in the front first though, but definitely the rear locker is in my near future.
Just talked with DANA and they said the RD24 is for the older Xterra's. Not sure about the front though.

·
on line
122 Posts
dan galusha said:
defibvt said:
It's the dana 44 variant.
Thanks, there isn't a metal tag that you would normally find on the axle. I was confused.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
NIHL8NX said:

ARB airlockers:

So they have actually tested this? The last time that I talked with them a couple of weeks ago there was no test that has been performed on the next generation xterra. No one even knows what the spine counts are in the diffs both front and rear. I got that info from the president of ARB in Washington. If that's the case then great. That's something else that I can save up for.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
BoonDox said:
The C200 is a 31 spline axle, not sure for the dana though
Just wondering because the design has been changed for the pumpkin.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i was given this info from an ARB dealer in VA beach. he was checking with his contact at ARB and this is what he got for my truck. since the S and SE both have the same setup it should be the same for both. i will let you know something for sure, when i get the rear installed :)

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I been looking for this mod to come out. I already have the air. We'll see. That would be cool to be locked F&R! With our power!
Dan always gets to talk to the top guy. He most likely uses the Gov. Line, and identifies himself as Mr. President....... Yes, We are considering making the ride a little cushier for our boys in Iraq, but we have to lock this thing ya know........ Oh don't mind the background noise, I'm at Walter Reed....... :) :)
I get Locked, I can take my Chicken Sticker down.

MC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is there really a chicken sticker? hard to tell if you're joking. if so, i want one... with a big one of these also...

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
NIHL8NX said:
is there really a chicken sticker? hard to tell if you're joking. if so, i want one... with a big one of these also...

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
That's a great idea! LOL We need a sticker machine! LOL

·
on line
291 Posts
**** HUGE BUMP ****

I'm assuming someone did look into this eventually? It's almost a year old.
It got my hopes up when I started reading it. Then there was no conclusion as to whether or not ARB tested these on the 2nd gen X.
I already know that answer but I just have to hear it.
:pale:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
No need for a front locker here.

·
on line
236 Posts
having a front locker in the front of the x sounds scary, with all the stories about exploding front diffs.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
snutty said:
having a front locker in the front of the x sounds scary, with all the stories about exploding front diffs.
The failure of Nissan to design the 2ng Gen X's front axle WITHOUT hubs was a colossal mistake. In this respect, the 1st Gen X is a far superior off road vehicle. Perhaps Nissan knew that most people who purchased a 2nd gen X were only going to the mall anyhow. What do they need hubs for? A locker up front would only hasten the detonation of the front dif.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts