Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around on the site for anyone with something similar going on, but didn't see any. If there is already a post on this, please give me the link.

My X stopped honking when I lock it with the keyfob, the lights flash, but no honk. I checked all the doors, and nothing.
And the lights don't flash when I unlock.

Anyone know anything about this? Should my next move be to the dealer?

Thanks

·
on line
82 Posts
Happened to me once. This turns on and off. I think you just have to hold the unlock and lock button at the same time until your truck honks. I think that turns it back on. If not look in the owners manual. It tells you how to turn the honk on and off in there.

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to turn it back on, I know that's possible.

It could have turned off somehow by accident, but I think the lights not flashing when I unlock is odd too.

I'll try to turn it back on after work and update.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Definitely check out your owner's manual, I know that it is in there. I changed it so that it did not honk, but realized that I liked it better with the honk.

·
on line
142 Posts
I definitely need the honk or I would never find my X in the parking deck at work even though it's bright yellow. Sometimes I even have to go to the wall and lean over and honk the horn to figure out which level I'm on... Our parking deck is a nightmare maze.

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed, It must have pressed the buttons in my pocket or something.

Hold both the lock and unlock buttons for 2 seconds to turn the feature on or off.

They could have made that a little more difficult so it doesn't happen on it's own, but it's easy to remedy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts