Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Lobo Shelf in my X and was curious if anyone knows what the load rating woulb be? I'm not to concerned with the rack itself, but the hooks/cleets in the X, does anyone know there rating? I don't have a tremedous amount of weight in it now (couple snatch straps, jumper cables, blanket, spotlight, extiguisher), but for future use it would be nice to know ust how much is okay. Also, I was thinking of securing it for rough trails with bungies to the floor. Anyone done this, and does it load it up too much?

Thanks

·
on line
589 Posts
I checked up on this and found a owner's manual online with the info. The manual said to not exceed 110lbs PER hook, so it would be pretty tough to exceed that weight when you are using multiple hooks.

·
on line
895 Posts
I secured mine with four bungies to the floor. It's very solid now, with no rattles at all.

·
on line
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Erick said:
I checked up on this and found a owner's manual online with the info. The manual said to not exceed 110lbs PER hook, so it would be pretty tough to exceed that weight when you are using multiple hooks.
110 per hook, i should be fine then for daily use. should hold a lot.... is the Erick? KXterra = Kris' Xterra?

·
on line
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shiny said:
I secured mine with four bungies to the floor. It's very solid now, with no rattles at all.
Cool, I just used 4 bungies, two to the floor and two to the bars the secure the rear seats. With the bungies, and Plasti-Dip on the snaphooks, not rattles, just the occasional skeak with large holes or bumps.

·
on line
589 Posts
KXterra said:
110 per hook, i should be fine then for daily use. should hold a lot.... is the Erick? KXterra = Kris' Xterra?
LOL Yeah this is THE Erick, what's up man?! :cheers:

·
on line
27 Posts
Anyone have pictures of the Lobo shelf? Ive never seen one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts