Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know I'm a retard for having difficulties with this. But as I'm installing the brackets it seems to me both bolts are a bit short for installation. In fact in one corner I'm having issues because I can get the t-bolt through, but the other bolt is too short to screw the knob down on it.

Am I just doing this completely wrong?

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elbow grease is the trick. I'm trying to get it installed outside in ~20 degree weather and I just needed to use some of my puny muscles.

Thanks!

·
on line
564 Posts
Someone else on here was having this same issue about 6-8 months ago...it turns out he had the brackets reversed or something like that. If you did a search you might be able to find the topic.

Rob

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What has me confused is the two high res pictures below, the mounts facing the opposite direction as in the picture chrishaynesusa posted.

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those pictures were from someone elses' truck, BUT matched the directions that came with the Yakima for roof racks with crossbars longer than 28 inches. So I tried installing it that way. Doesn't work very well.

I moved them inside as suggested and it only took 10 minutes to get everything tightened down.

Thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts