Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I work for Carmax in littleton and we just got my gfs x a full front tint for 50$ it's guaranteed for life of the x too! It looks fantastic! If you are interested let me know!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you the employee with the shrock on your x, with "England" plates?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, thats actually our parts lead I believe. He doesn't do too much wheelin but got an amazing deal on the bumper...$130!! I just bought my second Xterra, shipped it in from IL. Are you in sales??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah that's insane! I'm jealous, I'm in the purchasing office at the s broadway store
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
762 Posts
Is this tint deal still available? Hook a brotha' up!

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I used to go through groupon for tint but had a really bad experience with my Xterra. Went to the guys at performance in the top groupon and messed it up
Royally. They left a huge gap at the top and hid it by rolling up the window. Took it back and they redid it fixing the gap but didn't scrape the old
Tint very well then tinted over the scraps. Will never recommend them. So now jaded by my groupon experience. But they did refund me my money so that was good.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Don't get me wrong, typically groupons are to boost revenue streams in struggling businesses and I've seen plenty that were never fulfilled as they were in way over their head and sold too many. In that case they were given a refund by groupon.

But I have a rule before I will bring my vehicle any where, if I can't watch in the shop, then I will not be needing their services. I HATE letting anyone else touch my vehicles as the majority of mechanics are over worked, underpaid and could give a sh*t about the vehicle they're working on. I've witnessed so much bullsh*t out of "ASE" mechanics I've lost it on a few (friends/girlfriends vehicles). They try to tell me I can't be out there because of insurance reasons, I tell them have a nice day and hang up the phone. To date, I have had 3 things done to my personal vehicles by a mechanic: 1) Had clutch replaced in my '89 Ranger when I was 16; 2) Yearly NYS Inspections (have no choice in the matter); 3) Just dropped my rig off last April to Nissan so they could troubleshoot the electronics in my 4wd and to do the TSB's/Recall; they found it to be a faulty transfer case motor and quoted me $750, I paid $75 for the part shipped and installed it in literally 15 minutes.

Moral to the story?
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
~george carlin

Odds are, you can probably do the work more carefully yourself and learn something in the process. It may take a little, but that's what learning curves are. Now days I would have no problem changing that clutch in my old ford, but back then I didn't have the resources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts