Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Yakima makes a light mounting kit for the Load Warrior. I had some lights mounted up there - just not wired in. Once I got my Shrock front bumper, I moved the lights to the bumper and ran the wires. The problem with the lights on top of the Load Warrior is that they sit so high up that they don't clear the garage door.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
x2 on the height issue. I have a hard time all ready with just the coleman rack on. I am thinking of mounting square lights in front of the air damn as an alternative though I am not exactly sure how they will be mounted.

·
on line
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
http://www.thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5758

Found this thread just now. Seems like the author may have the light set up you are looking for.

thanks killjoy.....yeah i dont have a height req......350Z goes in the garage so im outside and i park in a parking lot.....no parking garages here.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i added two 5"x7" KC's to my coleman rack. i didn't put on the plastic wind shield thingy and bolted the lights to those mounts. i can add pics later tonight.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I was toying with that idea but instead I drilled holes into the air damn to create a more secure mount for the lights. I am interested in seeing your pics to see how it worked out! Were you brave enough to drill through the roof?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
nah... i didnt want to drill through the roof. i ran the million feet of wiring through the X and out of the hatch. enjoy the pix.

·
on line
97 Posts
Is it tricky to get the roof racks sides roof bars loose enough to slip a whire through the existing roof hole for the rack?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i might be illiterate but that sentence is very hard to understand. haha. are you talking about slipping the wire through the foot of the xterra rack? if so, i drilled a hole in the foot, loosened the hex bolts, pulled the foot up about a half an inch, and fed the wire down the hole. hope that helps

·
on line
3,272 Posts
that looks great man. after you fed the wire through the hole, you ran it through the roof all the way console?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
no, i ran it between the hatch and the body of the X (see pic 4 and 5), then through the inside up to the switch.

·
on line
294 Posts
i wish i had a hatch to run wires through. when i do my roof lights i'm gonna drill into the factory rack, then down through the foot above the a-pillar and into the cabin that way. i'm like you, tho. if i dont hafta drill, i'd like to avoid it. there's just no other way for me...

·
on line
1,667 Posts
make sure you silicon up the hole you drill into the stock rack cause you don't want it to fill with water. and also try to find a rubber grommet to fit in the hole so that it doesn't tear the plastic coating on the wire. chances are it wont happen if you have enough slack.

·
on line
294 Posts
^^o yeah, grommets and silicone will be abundant on drilling day. thanks for the tip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts