Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be gettingmy front bumper.....soon? I know that i could order the fog lights from nissan parts. But i was wondering if anyone else has another option? 250 for two lights is a little much i think. I still may get them, but id like another option.

I did email shrock works weeks ago, but never heard back from them on the other options they could recomend, i figured they should know what else can fit there! But i figure they havent gotten back tome yet because they are hard at work getting my order done!

Any ideas?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am not sure Jim will know what other lights would fit.

When he was designing the bumper he asked about the foglight holes and decided to make the holes to fit the stock lights.

That being said, I am sure that you can fit non stock lights in there. They would just have to be about the same size and you'll have to come up with some mounting method.

When I get home I'll measure the size of the opening and just look for a round light closest to that size.

·
on line
238 Posts
Wow,

I was thinking of only spending $40 plus the factory Nissan switch. Pennies screem when they see me while nickles and dimes just faint :toothy5:

Of course this is the most I've ever spent modifying a vehicle :drunken:

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"be hard to find something to fit that hole. MC" Thats the story of my life.......poor gals.......
Not sure how to make sense of what i just typed......but i thought it was funny in my head....

Turtle. Fill me in on what your going to do. What lights are you getting? Give me some details dude. How the heck are you going to get em to stay in?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
MC would remove the bracket that holds the lights, Take a hammer (Rubber) and smack it ti match outside of tube it mounts in. (Just the bottom part) re bend the tabs that hold the light so that they line op to mounting holes. Now put it in the hole with bottoms up (So light hangs in rather than sets in, (To avoid rust holes) Then, mark for holes and make two at outer edges. Mount the bracket and then install the light and wire it up. Wait for dark and adjust, then say, sheeet, I shoulda bought the factory lights! Then go to Yournissanparts.com and give up the $250 and they will still fit as you did not dick up anything important! He hee. MC

·
on line
1,884 Posts
mcampana said:
"be hard to find something to fit that hole. MC" Thats the story of my life.......poor gals.......
Oh come on this is too easy:

Yep, poor gals, something so small will never fit that hole... :geek:

·
on line
238 Posts
mcampana,

I was just going to pick up a cheap set from Walmart or an auto store. Wasn't sure which ones yet. The hole is about 3-7/8" or something like that I think. I was going to mount something like MC said, or maybe form up some 1/8" steel for mounts that I have sitting around (little to no flex then). I am going to use the top two holes of the original bumper light mount to screw in to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts