Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know with 07 model X's, the lights for the license plate are different from the 05 06 models. So the current plate that is fabricated that holds the lights wont work. If your bumper is in transit and you have a 07 you wont be able to get the light on.

I went to his shop today, and he immediately started taking pics of my bumper (06 model) because someone was asking him why the lights wouldn't fit. He wasn't even aware of this problem. So I informed him that the light set up had changed slightly, and he responded (rather comically) "why do they do this to me?" :crybaby: :sad1: (referring to Nissan).

So now that he is aware of the problem. Im sure he is going to correct it as soon as possible. ** And if you have an 07 im sure that he might want any info and pics that you have of the license plate lights so shoot him an e-mail **

·
on line
232 Posts
Yes, I do believe that we were the first victim of this change. I felt like a monkey trying to put a square peg into a round hole. The only way to remedy this was to snag the license plate light kit for an 05/06... wiring loom with bulbs and all! Also, the 05/06 light housing will not fit over the 07 bulb so you will need the older loom anyway. The harness at least has the same connection so no problem there.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I imagine after this many years that this isn't still an issue..?

Got one being built.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts