Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
light racing air bumps are available for our trucks now. the front is the same for the frontiers and xterras, but i dont think they have a kit for the rear of the xterras. $650 for the front kit, not bad considering they are bolt on.
lifeinthesouth you might want to look into these for project grocery getter.

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think this is what slr is using. light racing made these, these guys also work with donahoe racing, so maybe there will be a donahoe version of these bumpstops( like they have for toyota: fj, taco, 4runner) http://www.lightracing.com/
they have distributors listed on their website. i found them on AC's website though.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
2006fronty said:
i think this is what slr is using. light racing made these, these guys also work with donahoe racing, so maybe there will be a donahoe version of these bumpstops( like they have for toyota: fj, taco, 4runner) http://www.lightracing.com/
they have distributors listed on their website. i found them on AC's website though.
You just barely beat me. I thought for a minute and then it hit me... "AC"

Here's the link;

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/index.php3?page=shop/browse&category_id=67f8a292f335a8230f6ef681fa65a523&ps_session=88f287248002db4e3c7e83e43d308445

·
on line
2,248 Posts
I can't understand why they don't advertise it as a Light Racing Jounce Shock system. That's a big deal.

Instead it's listed as "High Speed Compression System"

Looks like they beat SLR to the punch, kind of. Although, it sounds like SLR has the rear set-up for the Xterras ready to go.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
OregonX said:
I can't understand why they don't advertise it as a Light Racing Jounce Shock system. That's a big deal.

Instead it's listed as "High Speed Compression System"

Looks like they beat SLR to the punch, kind of. Although, it sounds like SLR has the rear set-up for the Xterras ready to go.
I wonder why AC is weird like that... they don't realize people will buy stuff if they see a brand name that's good like chaos, light racing or shrock for that matter.

2006fronty,, i will be looking into these but i think i can come out ahead just welding in a fox bucket with a fox or SAW bump.

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was wondering; if the traditional air bumps would be more cost efficient. the cool thing about them though is that they are externally adjustable with little allen wrenches. another cool thing about them is that there is no scrub with them like traditional air bumps( the round pads and the whole bumpstop itself pivots/swivels a little at the top of its mount)but i think in the front you would still have to cut off the stock bumpstop frame horn thingy, so much for bolt on. at least that is what it looks like in the picture.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Spencer at SLR is installing the jounce shocks on my truck, front and back. I'll be posting the details of the whole lift soon, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a call in the meantime. He's doing some amount of fabbing to make the Light Racing shocks work. And AC seems to have it pretty much down to a kit.

By the way, the "air" shock designation also leaves out a key word, "nitrogen." Not that nitrogen isn't in air, but why not say "nitrogen- charged" or whatever?

Other options may be cheaper, but the reviews and reports make these things sound fantastic, especially if you love whoops and run washboards to get there. King also has some hydraulic bumpstops worth checking out.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Those are nice, but not cheap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts