Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys and girls:

I am lifting the X tomorrow starting at 8am. I have a body shop to work in, a set of compression tools and a guy also named Steve (stevet47) who already did the PRG lift to his Frontier coming to help me.

I figure it's going to take about 7 hours or more. I am aiming to be done before the Eagles game tomorrow.

TC Spacers
Bilstein 5125s
PRG Shackles
PRG Deaver Leaf Pack
New U-Bolts

Wish me luck and expect my usual photographic evidence. :glasses2:

·
on line
628 Posts
I was hoping to be doing mine tomorrow, take lots of pics especially on the rear setup as I am going the same route (TGC, Deaver Mini) minus the shackles. I might end up doing this by myself next weekend, my buddy won't be available for awhile and my brother breaks things. I've seen the other threads but I figure the more I see the better off i will be.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mu U-bolts from PRG. I think they were $40 or so. I wanted to get new cam bolts too, but I forgot. I may just pick them up from Firestone next week for $50.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Calmini definitely has the deal on the u-bolts... $25 for a set. Haven't gotten mine yet, but I have yet to find a set that cheap anywhere else. Sounds like Greg's customer service might be worth the extra $15 or so, though.

·
on line
628 Posts
jollyman78 said:
Mine's done, hope yours is too!
Well wheres the pics? Everyones install is worthy of pics, no matter how many times it's been done before. Be proud of your work, and post it up so people like me can be envious.

·
on line
807 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
I figure it's going to take about 7 hours or more. I am aiming to be done before the Eagles game tomorrow.

TC Spacers
Bilstein 5125s
PRG Shackles
PRG Deaver Leaf Pack
New U-Bolts
So it turns out your 7hr. estimate was a little optimistic, eh?
10hrs. later and we got all of the above done, plus the melt-mod, and installed Shrocks gas and t-case skids.
I must say, it looks BADASS!

Post up those pics Steve!

·
on line
1,045 Posts
USArmyX said:
jollyman78 said:
Mine's done, hope yours is too!
Well wheres the pics? Everyones install is worthy of pics, no matter how many times it's been done before. Be proud of your work, and post it up so people like me can be envious.
Thx.

It was dark by the time I was done. I plan on taking it out for some flex sometime this week/weekend... I can thow some up then.

·
on line
807 Posts
I like the idea of greaseable shackles, I wonder if PRG could drill his hardware to make it greaseable.

·
on line
111 Posts
It doesn't look like a low rider anymore!

·
on line
1,045 Posts
stevet47 said:
I like the idea of greaseable shackles, I wonder if PRG could drill his hardware to make it greaseable.
Actually, I saw the exact same bolts here:
http://www.rock-equipment.com/

If you know the size you need, I'm thinking they may be able to get them for any application.

Scott said:
It doesn't look like a low rider anymore!
haha, thx!

Now I won't be embarrassed to park next to you :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts