Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i have an idea of what i will be purchasing but wanted to see if what i am getting is correct. also if i will need anything else to complete the install.
last week i contacted 4wheel parts to get a quote on a lift kit installed by them..... quote came back at just over $1000! wow, thats a lot. daystar lift, figured i can piece one together cheaper.
looking at getting the spacers for the front from ebay. read the thread and found nothing wrong with em. as for the rear i am thinking about shackles. i will be installing new leaf springs later (sometime next year) and the shackles will remain on as i dont see any problems with that. also, is anyone running coils and spacers up front? i went through the threads and couldnt find any, maybe i didnt look hard enough. i just wanted to know if anyone ran into problems with running both.
so far i have just the shackle and spacer to purchase. do i need rear shocks? brake lines? extending the ABS?
reason for the spacer/shackle kit now is i drive from Ogden, UT to Las Vegas quite a bit since school is almost over. thats a 500 mile drive one way so i need to retain the ride quality for those long trips. but once everything is settled down, i will continue on with my lift.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay, found the thread on running the spacer with coils... so scratch that option

1 - 3 of 3 Posts