Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my X-05 but I want to know what tools I will need to do the job. Are there any special tools I will need to make the lift easy. The reason I ask is I want to get the tools I will need before i ATTEMPT lifting my X.

·
on line
32 Posts
I think you need to figure out what kind of lift you're gonna get first. You are probably going to need a coil spring compression tool and regular old mechanics tools.

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna put spacers and shackles Due to I dont do much extream4x4 trails. I'm just like the look of lifted Xterra's with big tires.

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a thread how to install spacers and shackle lift. If so can you direct me to the thread.

·
on line
671 Posts
I'm sure you feel 1 inch high right now...

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i installed my coilovers, deavers and shackles with hand tools. A socket set, a wrench set, a torque wrench and a breaker bar and a hammer is about all you will need (plus jacks and jack stands obviously

·
on line
500 Posts
willgr1 said:
i installed my coilovers, deavers and shackles with hand tools. A socket set, a wrench set, a torque wrench and a breaker bar and a hammer is about all you will need (plus jacks and jack stands obviously
Wow, Texans must be some tuff hombres, because I need an impact wrench with 300 ft/lbs of torc, and it still took me ~4 hours to remove three shock bolts. Fortunately, Greg (of PRG) was able to encourage and advise, which made all the difference when things looked the most bleak.

Patrick

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Impacts are for PU$$!es.... LOL

and anyway the three top bolts arent the ones you need to worry about (they are realatively easy to get off), the ones you really need to worry about are the bottom strut bolts that connect to the LCA... you need at least a 2' breaker bar to get that sucker off!!!

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah sometimes things are rigth in front of your face and we still dont see them. There is so much here @newX I'm all over the sight and for get if i read the thread or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts