Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not yet figured out how to install the Liftgate Bump Stops (Part Number: 90878-EA000).

If you've done this, or have a link to a vid of someone explaining and demonstrating how to get the new ones back in, please share.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
No experience with them, but from a stock picture, it looks like they will have what is essentially a rubber mushroom top that has to fit through and into a smaller hole in the rear hatch. I would use soapy water and a plastic or wood orange stick or skewer (not the pointy end) to rotate and push the rubber cap into that hole.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@CroftonBilly - Thanks! That works. The secret is to push HARD while pushing and rotating. The hole is a sort of keyhole shape. A better 3D puzzler solver could figure out how to make that work, but I could not. My attempts to use that extra open-ness to get the rim of the 'mushroom' above/inside the edge of the keyhole all failed. Job done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.