Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I did my Daystar lift today. I followed MC's instructions and only ran into a few small issues. I broke two 1/2" drives trying to get the bottom bolt out of the passenger front shock. My buddy that was helping smashed his arm against the top of the fender breaking it loose, and it swelled up HUGE (sorry, no pics).

BUT, to get the the point... I had a 3pm appointment to get my lifetime alignment from Firestone. After working though the front, I had an hour and a half before the appointment. I decided to go early and finish the rear later. I did not put on the cam bolts at this point, thinking I would just let Firestone do it (different one than I called that told me not to buy them).

When I go there, I left them in the truck and they said they would put them on if needed :cheers:

After 2 hours of waiting, they told me it was done and that the cam bolts weren't needed. I told them I was going to finish the rear and they said that they may be needed then... :scratch:

The only thing that needed to be changed, according to the paperwork, was toe.

So, would I need to get it aligned again after doing the rear?
Could this be correct that they aligned it w/o the cam bolts?

... neither before nor after did it pull or driver strange. I dunno!

(sorry for the essay)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you don't need to have it re-aligned. When they do an alignment on our vehicles they will check that all four wheels are square and that they are lined up front to back. That's what is checked as far as the rear wheels. The front is a totally different story.

When i took my rear end apart to put axle shims in after i had an alignment done i've had no issues what so ever and that was about 7000 miles ago.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The problem is the geometry of the front end changes with the back and visa versa. There is a possibility that it will be out of alignment after the rear is raised.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There is a slim possibility that it could be in alignment without them. In most cases they are needed. Personally, I would have like to have seen them installed. I am sure you will need them down the road.

Did you get a copy of the alignment spec sheet? What are your numbers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts