Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybodt recommend this lift.
AC Springs w/ TC UCA and AAL w/ AC Shackles
~3" total lift accomplished with a beefy spring and a AAL and shackle lift in the rear.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I would personally suggest going to the Radflos front, or a spacer front. The AC springs scare me. (I must stress that this is a personal opinion. Others have the front coils and are ok with them.)

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I go to Radflos front coilovers do I have do worry about them adjusting on their own from a rough trail or road?

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks. This may cost more but sounds like the way to go for the front lift to receive 3". I will use a shackle and AAL in the rear to gain 3" in the rear. May use Calmini for the rear.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you are spending the money, I would suggest.

Front:
RadFlo front coilovers
Total Chaos UCA's

Rear:
Alcan Spring Pack (custom build to what ever lift spec you want)
Extended Brake Lines
Extended Shocks

This will run you somewhere around $2000, but it would be a really nice setup.

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the setup I am looking for. If this kit comes to around $2000.00 I may go with the Calmini 5". Which one would you do?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
paulhood said:
This is the setup I am looking for. If this kit comes to around $2000.00 I may go with the Calmini 5". Which one would you do?
The only real way to make the calmini kit good is buy adding the radflo coilovers (different than stated above) and TC UCA's (same as stated above)

This is the option i am going with: Calmini Frontier lift kit, Radflo 4"-7" adjustable coilovers, TC UCA's, and Alcan leaf packs.

If you just want looks and not really the functionality, then simply putting on the calmini xterra kit would be fine.

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
May go with the Deaver leaf pack from PRG and add a shackle.

Yes, just for looks mainly. Only go hard off-road during hunting season.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I would just wait for the Calmini 5" kit or the Fabtech 6" kit to come out. They are both right around $1600 or so. They don't give you the best performance out of the box, but for looks, you probably can't beat them.

Or, just get a spacer and AAL setup for ~2" of lift.
Or a spacer and shackle setup with Timbren bump stops.

No point in going with $700 RadFlo's and $500 UCA's if you are never going to actually use them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
All vehicles are different. One person might get 2.5" out of the kit while others might not. So you can't really say for sure, there are way too many variables involved.

I can say that the Calmini kit probably gives you the most lift you can without getting new UCA's as many have complained about the UCA hitting the spring bucket when going over a bump.

You can only lift the front so high before the UCA rests/hits the spring bucket...it's your limiting factor in how high you can get the front. With the new UCA's you might be able to squeeze another inch out of the system.

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have narrowed my search. Since this will be mostly for looks I will be doing the following lift. Calmini 2.5" lift kit w/ TC UCA (so there will be no contact)with rancho struts and shocks all away around. The rear will have Calmini shackles and AAL for 3" in the rear. Will put stainless brake lines in the rear along with the axle key. Tires will be 32"x10"x16" super swaper or some other kind of mud tire.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Muzikman,
Thanks for it putting it very clear about when you purchase your lift..you need to understand what your true intentions are....I do some offroading but I am far from hardcore, so maybe waiting for the Fabtech kit is the way to go, or just go with the spacer/ shackle or spacer/aal kit for now. If your not a hard wheeler then getting those extended shocks and brakelines would not be necessary....
your gonna notice and see a difference in your ride height with a 2-2.25 lift.

·
on line
589 Posts
I used to be actually, though it was with the off-road suspension (bilsteins already on it). With the Calmini spacer and the off road suspension, I was getting some massive coil bucket contact which was what inspired me to get the Total Chaos UCAs. It definitely helped make the contact when it happened less noticeable but IT WAS STILL there...so I eventually switched to the Radflos up front to work with the Total Chaos UCAs. For what it was, the setup worked for me; but it's tough to offer much on them because I am not a fan of spacers at all anymore.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts