Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, assume that money is not an object...

I plan on getting the Calmini 2.5'' shackle lift and a 2 inch body lift.

From there, what size wheel will work with some nice all terrain tires?

I have no clue how to match up a combo..

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Well, if money isn't a problem I would tell you to toss the spacer and get some Radflos, maybe the TC UCA if you felt so inclined. You may also want to address the weak stock spring packs...

Anyway, I'm sure that's not the advice you're looking for. What size wheel will work with some nice all-terrain tires? If that isn't a typo, you're probably going to have to pick the all-terrain tire of your choice and then do some research to figure out what tire sizes that manufacturer has made available. Keep in mind there aren't too many wheels that fit our bolt pattern and clear the calipers. More and more people are now running spacers and adapters to address this problem.

Now if you're asking about how much tire you can fit in the wheel wells, that's another story. You've probably figured out that you can run 33s at stock height. Even with a 2" spacer/shackle lift and a body lift, you're probably going to have to trim metal to fit 35s.

I think the guys over at clubfrontier.org have spent more time discussing custom 2" body lifts (nobody that I'm aware of makes a 2" kit yet). Spend some time searching both forums and I'm sure that you can make a well informed decision.

Good luck.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
OregonX said:
Well, if money isn't a problem I would tell you to toss the spacer and get some Radflos, maybe the TC UCA if you felt so inclined. You may also want to address the weak stock spring packs...
:confused5: Well for that price the Calmini 5" would have sencei and it sounds like he is looking for more lift then 3".

·
on line
1,320 Posts
you're in luck... CST makes a 4" spindle lift for about $700.
that will give you 4" up front and you can run new leaf packs or a shackle+ aal for 3-4" in back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts