Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

I have been doing some research and searching on this site, but figered I would also ask for some advise.

I have a 07 OR Xterra and am a member of a Search and Rescue team.
I do some off road work, nothing major, and sometime pull a fairly heavy trailer. I will be putting a Schrock front and rear bumper with a winch on my xterra shortly.

I do not want a large lift, but 2 to 2.5 inches would be ok.

What list / spring upgrades do you suggest to help offset the added weight from the new bumpers?

Thanks,
Delon

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you will see some sag from the bumpers since they add a bit of weight. spacers are always a viable option, but they do not add any support for the extra weight. New coilovers are the best option without dumping a ton of $$ into a lift. PRG has radflo coilovers with eibach springs. these are a great option as you can get them in a variety of sizes (2-2.5", 3+") and they are also adjustable to fine tune the lift. in the rear your pretty much left to a spring pack, AAL, or shackle lift. i would recommend calling greg at PRG (i say that way too much, but he is the man to talk to about suspension lifts). he can help you narrow down the search, even if it means purchasing a lift he doesn't sell.

·
on line
381 Posts
I would recommend the radflos, i'm planning on getting the front and rear shrock bumpers, and the radflos are perfect for what you want. I went with radflos, prg uca's, and the deaver aal. i have about 3" of lift in front and about 2" in the rear. When i get the funds together for the bumpers (and winch) it should sit pretty square, plus they add to the travel which is a big plus...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts