Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I searched for this and read as much as I could before making this thread)

Well I'm about to pull the trigger on a lift kit for my X and I'm wondering if it will work without banging / messing things up

this is what I'm looking at.....
www.ebay.com/itm/271321845289

It comes with:
-Aftermarket UCAs that have a lifetime warranty (obviously not on the wear and tear parts)
-bump stops
-front spacer... doesnt say the actual spacer size but it says that it gives you a total 3.5inch lift. the ad says that "spacer thickness does not equal the lift amount"
-2 inch rear shackle lift
-camber/toe kit
-control arm "heavy duty with extended 1" uniball joint to retain OEM angles and allows for extra suspension clearance and travel"

any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It's hit or miss with the ebay stuff. I take that gamble all the time and very rarely have i been disappointed, but it does happen. The price is right and the kit looks nice. I'd get some better bump-stops for sure. You may have to be the guinea pig on this one ;)

I wish Flebay did reviews like Amazon does. If you do decide to go for it let us know how it works out. A buddy of mine is getting ready to lift his Fronty and i like that this kit comes with the UCA's

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm thinking that I'm going to volunteer to guinea pig it.

we'll see how it goes.... but I called the company and I told them the tire size that I plan on running (285/75/16 Mud terrains) and the Melt Mod they said and I quote "If you have any problems or any rubbing with this kit, we offer a lifetime warranty on the entire thing, so send it back for a full refund"

So I think it will be a win / win "gamble"

I will give a full review once it's here and installed.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Find it interesting that in the notes it says "Will not fit Pro-4X". Never heard of anything that fits X or S models that won't also fit Pro-4X, but then again it is ebay :). Looks pretty comparable to a PRG or Nisstec spacer lift, so it should work just fine.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
In order for the front to be lifted 3.5", the spacer will have to be about 2 1/8" tall... and I thought I read that going that high in the front caused some binding (cv, a-arms???).

Maybe it's a deal. I have no idea.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Ive heard that these ucas are clones of the high end ones, the guys on cf have purchased just the ucas, If i was going to do this id see if they will sell you the ucas and go with prg for spacers and shackles, theres a thread on cf about ebay ucas

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive heard that these ucas are clones of the high end ones, the guys on cf have purchased just the ucas, If i was going to do this id see if they will sell you the ucas and go with prg for spacers and shackles, theres a thread on cf about ebay ucas
That's what I was thinking too. If you can get just the UCAs, then get some cheap PRG spacers, and a Nisstec AAL or something.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts