Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local reputable 4wd place today, and he said if i lift the front 2" it will level the Xterra. Is this true?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
why dont you just measure the middle of the front tire to the top of the front wheel well.... then measure the middle of the rear tire to the top of the rear wheel well.... if its two inches off... then you have your answer.....

but my guess is no!

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
why dont you just measure the middle of the front tire to the top of the front wheel well.... then measure the middle of the rear tire to the top of the rear wheel well.... if its two inches off... then you have your answer.....

but my guess is no!
Before my lift went in, I measured the gap that S_e_x is talking about.

Front: 19.5"
Rear: 20"

So, there is a .5" rake on the truck. If you lifted the front 2", you'd have a 1.5" rake, but your front would be sticking up higher than the back.

I measured this on my OR, and on a stock S, so I'm going to guess all trims are the same, if not very similar.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
im 1.25" higher in the front with the top gun spacers, without any lift in the rear.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my rear of the truck is an inch higher than the front, do they settle after a while? ive had my X for 7 months now...

·
on line
4,593 Posts
My 05 OR 4wd is an inch shorter in the front.

Though I measured from the ground to the middle of the wheel well, both tires are within a couple pounds of pressure of each other.

I suspect that measuring from the middle of the hub (if you can hold it there) is more accurate.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
problem with measuring from the ground is if you are a little hard on driving you could wear the rear tires out faster and thus it would change the measurements. if you measure from the center of the wheel the height to the top of the wells will never change unless there is modification to the suspension....tires will not have an effect!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts