Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, I used the 3º shims that come with the Calmini AAL.

I'll be honest, I have no idea how mich lift it gave me. I put the AAL, rear bumper w/ tire carrier and all 4 slid plates on in the same day.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
IMO, the ranchos aren't valved properly for the rebound rate of the AC coil. The Bils. have a more progressive valving system that, IMO, matches better.

I have the Rancho 9000x adjustable shocks with the AC coils, so I'm speaking from experience.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
syndicate said:
IMO, the ranchos aren't valved properly for the rebound rate of the AC coil. The Bils. have a more progressive valving system that, IMO, matches better.

I have the Rancho 9000x adjustable shocks with the AC coils, so I'm speaking from experience.
Syndicate is right... I ran that same set up and it just didnt feel right after a while.... like it wore the shock down exponentially over time (or something like that).

·
on line
3,262 Posts
paulhood said:
Then the kit that has the Bils shocks (not the coilover shocks) is the way to go.
Well what do you mean by coilovers??? If you are talking about running the ranchos along with the AC coils... then no dont go that route. If you want to run the Bils with the AC coils im sure that will be fine. But if you want even better go with the true coilovers and get the PRG coilover shocks. They are pricy (about $699) but totally worth it. i am running them right now and am going to sell them when my suspension lift comes out. check out the 'swap meet' section if you want to see a pic of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts