Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I currently have a stock ride height 06 Xterra and I am looking for around a 2" lift. I currently have basically brand new 265/75R16 Falken Wildpeaks and like the look of the lifted stock, but without sacrificing too much ride quality of stock. What are some decent options out there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Literally another thread called "lift options": Lift Options (Please Read) 2005+ Xterra's
Yeah thank you! I saw that and read it. I was more so hoping for a recommendation versus just information. I have been eyeing a couple of complete kits, for example this one Alldogs Offroad Coop. Alldogs Offroad Complete Lift Kit w/ Bilstein 5100's for 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra and was maybe hoping someone would be able to recommend a kit which maintains a good ride quality for a good price or be able to give me some advice on what to buy. I have used a Rough Country kit on one of my other vehicles and I noticed a severe hit to the ride quality.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
You're pretty much going to get a bunch of varied opinions from everyone. Everyone likes a different feel and has different experiences, along with different uses.
I have lift shackles on stock leaf springs. Others say its way to soft and will flatten them out leading to bottoming out on normal roads.

Some say 2in lift with stock UCA is just fine... others say it should never be done because the coil bucket contact is too bad. Its all in how and where you drive, and what bothers you.
About the only consensus is that you shouldn't go over 2inches with stock UCA. But even then... some love it because its the most lift for the least money.

Reactions: Brunnie

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,069 Posts
Also I'll add that you can diy your lift and piece it together or get a pre assembled kit, depends on what you want, there are cheap options or more performant ones.
A stockish riding could be spacers in front if you avoid cbc. A middle ground is typically a bilstein 5100 on a mild setting, new springs combined with a small spacer.

For the rear, the oem leafs are too soft. You'll either need to replace with a lift spring pack or a cheaper alternative is an AAL. The short single ones are not great I prefer either an added long leaf spring in the pack or a dual AAL. I have a triple and some folks may find it rides harsh.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,069 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts