Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my X for a little over a year and now have the funds for a lift. I've been researching all the info on lifts and the different types... and have never been more confused in my life:confused:. I may be a girl, but I love lifted, badass Xterra's just as much as the next guy! Can yall please help me, and tell me what I need. Lookin for a 2.5-3 inch lift, maybe need coil spacers in the front and add a leafs in the back, I dont know?!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Spacers in the front and AAL in the back is a good start. There are of course other options but they just go up in terms of $$$. You get what you pay for definitely applies here though.

What kind of budget are you on and what do you plan to do with the X? This will help us narrow it down for you.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just put together a pretty budget lift more my truck. Just finishing it all up now. Let me know if u have any questions. I went rancho quick lift loaded and shackles. Also got 1/2" spacer for the front (though I may not need it...been a month and still at 2.25" lift)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh sweet, definitely a solid plan, thanks so much! sorry im such a noobie, yall are awesome

·
Registered
25 Posts
everyone has an opinion

for that budget, I tried the rough country spacers. I was not happy with them because going over every bump you got coil bucket contact. The customer service from them was superior though. I sent the spacers back but kept the shackles. I decided to go with the bilstein ride height adjustables set at 2 inches. It makes a world of difference in the ride and no coil bucket contact. Nisstec has a special on all 4 right now 389.00. if you decide not to get larger tires yet, lift still looks good. Also very easy to install. I decided to go with the 285/75/16 nitto terrra grapplers for 2 more inches. whole kit cost me around 1300.00 with me doing the labor. Rides great and looks good. The MOD bug is going to get you.

John
va beach

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got 3 inch spacers and 2 inch shackles for $100 shipped brand new. eBay. Installed it myself for free. Aligned for $80 out the door. $180 for 3/2 inch lift, but I do get coil bucket contact. I'd advise a 2-2.5inch spacer, 2 inch AAL lift or shackle if need be. It is the best look for the cost. If you do this, and get some 285s your xterra will look much more beefy than stock. Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where in Georgia are you?
for that budget, I tried the rough country spacers. I was not happy with them because going over every bump you got coil bucket contact. The customer service from them was superior though. I sent the spacers back but kept the shackles. I decided to go with the bilstein ride height adjustables set at 2 inches. It makes a world of difference in the ride and no coil bucket contact. Nisstec has a special on all 4 right now 389.00. if you decide not to get larger tires yet, lift still looks good. Also very easy to install. I decided to go with the 285/75/16 nitto terrra grapplers for 2 more inches. whole kit cost me around 1300.00 with me doing the labor. Rides great and looks good. The MOD bug is going to get you.

John
va beach
oh okay, thanks! i guess i'll stray away from rough country, im leanin towards nisstec, then i'll check out some tires. thanks for all the info

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
For the budget you have available I would recommend this from PRG:
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-2xe31mk-x/

The PRG spacer is top mounted, the advantage of this is no need to disassemble the coilover. Also the ride chasracteristics will not change from stock(harshness). The rear AAL is a better choice than the rear shackle, the AAL will put a bandaid on the notoriously weak stock leaf pack. The downside is a higher possibility of coilbucket contact up front.

Then there is this from Nisstec:
http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.p...tegory_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

The in coil spacer used will eliminate(99.99%) coil bucket contact, but will preload the coilspring, making the ride harsher than a top mounted spacer.

Both kits fit your budget. To get a "better" lift you will need aftermarket coilovers, but that will at least double the budget that you have set at this point in time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts