Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seriously thinking about buying this lift brand new in box off a member here, but i know nothing about lifts.....is this a good one?
http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=58957&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You've got a bum link there but I know you're looking at the Ultimate Lift Kit.

Bilstein 5100s are known and trusted around these parts. I'm not so sure about the AALs. Some get by just fine on AALs or shackles, others prefer a full replacement spring. You'll have to ride on them and find out if you like them or not.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah, it is one of the better kits on the market. If you plan on doing intermediate wheeling and do not require extended wheel travel kits than you will be fine. I have been doing a ton of research on the kits that are out there and think that is a great kit for the price.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it is one of the better kits on the market. If you plan on doing intermediate wheeling and do not require extended wheel travel kits than you will be fine. I have been doing a ton of research on the kits that are out there and think that is a great kit for the price.
Yeah....just intermediate / greens for me.....but i do have a hefty front bumper, full skids, white knuckle sliders....and one day a hefty rear bumper with tire swing
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
134 Posts
^ this....I had these a while back and hated them, not a fan, they rode rough and were constantly topping out. With full armor, I'd look at other options, but that's just me.
I was just about to say that. With the op's hefty front those 500lb. Coils that come with the kit are not going to suffice.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts