Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I wrapped up the install of my lift. I got the Daystar spacers for the right price of $0 (Thanks XterraVT).

Did the Calmini Shackles and AAL for the rear. I got those for the right price of $0 (05yellowx).

What a difference in ride with this lift kit installed. My ride is much smoother, I figured it would be the exact opposite.

Yes, I know I'm a fruitcake for not posting pictures but I finished at about 10:00 last night and it was dark. I'll get some pics posted tonight.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I am thinking more of lucky fruitcake than just fruitcake. How did you get all that for free?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
I am thinking more of lucky fruitcake than just fruitcake. How did you get all that for free?!?!?!?!?!?!
XterraVT was upgrading and let a fellow UNYX member have the spacers for free. If I decide to ever upgrade, I will do the same.

The shackles and AAL from 05yellowx were free because he didn't want them in his house anymore. His X got lemon lawed and I had a friend pick them up that lives about 20 minutes away.

mcampana said:
"Yes, I know I'm a fruitcake for not posting pictures "

HA! Thanks for saving me the trouble of giving you a hard time.
Yea, I could see it coming...so I figured I would just throw myself on the grenade. I couldn't wait till tonight to post about it...I'm so impatient.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here we go.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wishing I painted the shackles before I installed them. :(

·
on line
79 Posts
did you have to do anything with your shocks/struts, or brake lines? i'm looking into a spacer/shackle lift with a possible AAL, but i'm not trying to replace shocks/struts/brake lines, but i'm just trying to get all the heads up i need before i order everything

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MidnightCNR said:
did you have to do anything with your shocks/struts, or brake lines? i'm looking into a spacer/shackle lift with a possible AAL, but i'm not trying to replace shocks/struts/brake lines, but i'm just trying to get all the heads up i need before i order everything
My brake line extenders are on the way. But for the shocks I didn't have to do anything with them. The brake extenders ran me $80 shipped I believe.

Let me know when you get the lift, I'll send you some pointers.

·
on line
79 Posts
okay thanks. i'm probably going with the top gunz spacers, and shackles/aal's from 4x4parts.com, and also getting the polyurethane shackle bushing kit they sell, and probably brake lines eventually

·
on line
79 Posts
and do you happen to know about the cam bolts for alignment in the front end? i've heard people say that they're only needed for 06's and newer, but i was wondering if that's true or not or if i have to take them out to see if i need them or not

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Late production 05's and newer need cam bolts. You can tell if you need them just by looking at the bolts that attach your LCA to the frame. If they have off centered waters with tick marks on them, you have cam bolts. If they are just normal round washers, then you don't have cam bolts.

If you do not change your rear shocks, you do not need extended brake lines. Your shocks will max out before the brakes lines.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Muzikman said:
Late production 05's and newer need cam bolts. You can tell if you need them just by looking at the bolts that attach your LCA to the frame. If they have off centered waters with tick marks on them, you have cam bolts. If they are just normal round washers, then you don't have cam bolts.

If you do not change your rear shocks, you do not need extended brake lines. Your shocks will max out before the brakes lines.
When I took my X in for the alignment, I brought the cam bolts along and told the shop to use them if necessary. I really trust these guys (carry their business cards in my wallet) and they said that they didn't need them. Glad I have them though.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
norshor said:
When I took my X in for the alignment, I brought the cam bolts along and told the shop to use them if necessary. I really trust these guys (carry their business cards in my wallet) and they said that they didn't need them. Glad I have them though.

X2....bit i still have them just in case.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About 3" in the rear and about 2" in the front. Give or take a little bit due to it settling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts