Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long Sunday of modifications, my PRG lift is complete! I want to extend a huge thanks to Stevet47 who came down from Lebannon, PA to help me put this lift on.

I add the X aligned this morning at Firestone and she is good to go! I can already tell the travel has increase and the ride feels stiffer and more controlled. My front wheel well rubbing is gone and now I am looking forward to taking it out and flexing its muscles!

And, now, the photographs!

Before & After the Lift

Front Wheel Well Before & After

Rear Wheel Well Before & After

Rear End Before & After

Front End Before & After

New Parts to be installed & Old crap left over

There she is with a bad moon rising!

There you have it! I will be creating a "PRG Rear Lift How To" tomorrow or sometime this week. I took photos at every step of the way.

Thanks to Steve Thomas again! Anybody in South East, PA want to wheel soon!?! Let's Go!

·
on line
807 Posts
Looks great.
I'm glad we got it all done!
I'm glad I brought ALL of my tools, I think we ended up using just about everything!

·
on line
245 Posts
nice work guys. truck's lookin good SexTerraPA!

·
on line
807 Posts
willgr1 said:
looks good, but you should trim those u bolt down.
The disk on my cutoff tool broke, the hacksaw was trash, and we didn't have a sawsall. I think its in Steve's plans though.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
SexterraPA - sorry if you have this in another thread, but you can you let me know exactly what you got from PRG?
I see AAL and Spacers. New shocks.
How much was the setup shipped?
Thanks

·
on line
807 Posts
jollyman78 said:
Did you have a hell of a time taking the lower bolts off the front shocks? I broke 2 socket drives getting mine off.

If I decided to replace my rear shockes, I'm buying an impact wrench!
I feel like I am stealing Steve's thread here, but since he's not posting, I guess I'll answer your question.
No, we didn't have a hard time at all, but I had bought an impact for the occasion. When I did mine, I broke a breaker bar, and struggled with those things forever, this time around, we just tossed the impact gun on there, and they came off instantly.

·
on line
671 Posts
Sweet!

That's one sweet X ,brother!

·
on line
807 Posts
TXterra37 said:
And is that a swaybar I see removed?

USArmyX, those are Daystar shackles (part of the Daystar lift), not PRG.
1) Yes.
2) They are the adjustable PRG shackles, not Daystar. He is running TopGunz spacers in the front, and the Deaver 2-leaf AAL with the PRG shackle in the rear. The shackle could be raised 1 hole higher, lifting the rear another 1/2".

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for abandoning my own thread guys. I was busy with work the last 2 days.

Anywho, Steve Thomas (not Thompson) kicked ass in helping me out on Sunday. Big props to him and his set of tools to complete the front and rear lift.

I still have one slot left on my PRG shackles, if I so choose to raise it in the near future. The X is slightly raked from back to front, but that's ok! It looks mean and beefy now.

The Firestone alignment fixed my overall front tow from .65 to .24. So, the alignment was pretty well out. I am going to trim those U-Bolt bolts as soon as I get a new blade for the air cutter at the body shop my friend's own.

But, seriously... who wants to wheel next Sunday in the tri-state Philly area?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
hey sexterra (not me... you)

Can you (or anyone else) give me the dimensions of the PRG shackles. I have the AC ones and want to know if I can squeeze a little more lift out of the rear by getting these shackles. I would like to know how long the shackle are themselves, then I would also like to know how long it is between the bottom eye hole (the one connected to the leaf spring that provides the most amount of lift) and the top eye hole (the one connected to the frame). Oh when you do the measurements please do it from the center of the eyeholes.

Thanks alot to whoever can get me that info!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts