Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called over to Firestone a few days ago asking about mounting/balancing some tires and wheels, and just happened to ask if the lifetime alignment was on sale. He said it was, for $149, but that he could probably do better. I asked him how much, and he said $119! Wow! I wasn't pressing him when I asked, and wasn't trying to haggle (though I like to, lol). So today I called a Firestone a little closer to home and asked them if they'd match it. The guy on the phone was really surprised at the price, and said they usually don't go below $139, but said if that is what they told me, they'd match it.

So, dropping the X off tomorrow! Thought I'd throw this out there so everybody can swarm and haggle their local Firestone for a good deal, lol. :geek:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
That's cool. Hopefully they are competent. I wouldn't let the Firestone by me touch my truck. Under any conditions. Complete morons. They tried to pull a fast one on my wife, really gouging the prices on tires. She put me on the phone, and I let them know how dissatisfied I was with their attempt to take pull one over on my her. She walked out smiling 'cause she knew all along something was not right. I wouldn't let them top off my wiper fluid. If they paid me. Hopefully thats an isolated instance. If you search, I think there's a thread on someone that had problem getting an alignment and had to take it elsewhere.
Did you get a lift?

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
norshor said:
Did you get a lift?
Not yet... just planning ahead. I've had decent luck with Firestone in the past; I've had their lifetime alignment on a couple vehicles now (though think I'll be using it a lot more on the X).

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now, the plan for the front is Topgunz, and the back is a little up in the air, though I'm leaning towards the Calmini AAL. I like the fact that it is a complete kit, u-bolts, shims, and all. The Deavers seem like a great option, too, but the Calmini is quite a bit cheaper when you factor in all the extras you still need to get (ala u-bolts and shims). Real curious to hear how your set-up comes out, though... the Quick-Lift seems like a great set-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts