Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I figured i would formally introduce myself...i have started a few posts with questions that i had already but did not really give any background...i just picked up 2 days ago..a brand new 2007 xterra s 4x4 manual black with the two tone interior-desert...i am loving it so far..from the comfort to the height..to the big tires..to the clever storage areas...and the functionality of everything i have come across so far...even the jack equipment...i got the utility package and the protection package as well as a few other things like the microfilter, retractable corgo cover..and the tow package they are adding tomorrow...i bought the truck for invoice as well as invoice on all the equipment...and then taxes..and then finance fees for a 5 year finance at 1.9 %- finance fees came out to about 1300. after 5 years the total amount paid for the truck will be 28,700...what do you guys think good, average, or awesome deal???? the price of the truck before taxes and finance fees was 25,000. i was looking at the xterra as well as the fj..i think i made the right decision as this is much more practical...this is my daily and all around commuter...oh by the way i live in ny....

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
let me just add- i put absolutely no money down..so it was a little surreal driving off with a brand new truck without paying a dime...i was origionally thinking about leasing but i heard that these trucks in general are not good leases in relation to how much they are worth because they think you are going to offroad and break stuff...and i also did not want them to charge me at the end of my lease for every nick and cranny that they find...anyway very happy with decision...

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well if you want brutal honesty you could have gotten a better deal. What was the MSRP? How much in rebates were they offereing (probably alot because the 08's are already out and its the very end of the year).

Hosestly though if you think you got a good deal... then you did!

I bought my 06 S 4x4 Auto (power package... but thats it) in April of 06. Which means that the 07's hadnt come out, so there werent very good deals/rebates going on at the time. And I got it for 23,500 (Before TTL)

·
on line
4,919 Posts
:drunken: Welcome, digitek! :drunken:

Don't feel bad about paying more. I ordered my X the way I wanted it and paid invoice price for it. By the time I paid for TTL and my 100k warranty & roadside assistance, I was up around 30k. Not to mention, I was living in the city (Boston) and bought it from a dealer with a tiny lot who doesn't move to many SUV's. Looking back, I would have shopped around a little more, but I enjoy my X enough so that I think I still got my money's worth.

You definately made a good choice getting the X over the FJ

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the two options right now at nissan was either a 2750 rebate..which is huge....or 1.9 % interest on a finance....you could not get both...one or the other...i think i would have paid more at the end if i would have gotten the rebate but was paying 7% standard interest rate over 5 years. i am borrowing $27000 dollars from nissan throughout 5 years and i am only giving them 1300 dollars extra in interest...either way i am very pleased....i just cant wait till i get over the new car syndrome and actually use it to its capacity...new car syndrome: scared to park it in fear of people hitting the doors or bumpers...etc...nervous..

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
welcome. Regardless of what others paid if you think you got a good deal then you did, enough said

·
on line
245 Posts
Welcome the TheNewX!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts