Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/FAQonLidar.html

Ok people if you Tailgate, and speed, this new LIDAR is what you are up against, it shoots you too fast to react to, can take a Video clip of you speeding and tailgating, the beam is only 3 ft around at 1000 feet, so you are unlikely to beat this one in court. Check out the link. They have us in check this time! Study up on what you are up against. MC

·
on line
1,361 Posts
stealth license plate reflector, wow.

I just drive around the speed limit and hope for the best.

·
on line
134 Posts
Lets be realistic folks, if your tailgating AND speeding your wrong twice. Should be two tickets towards a three-strikes-your-out system. Perhaps if more people followed the rules, implemented a little courtesy and weren't such impatient [email protected]@holes on the highways your beloved X would no longer be the most dangerous way to travel.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new news is the video clip that shoots at same time.
Don't count that much on the plate cover, the plate in a lot of states is reflective and returns a quick and easy signal, anything else up front works equally as good, like a bit of chrome such as an emblem. I have used a Laser gun, I know how easy the plate is to hit.
And, as above the best bet is quit driving like that. But in some areas, that is the norm, yes I am talking to you NY, NJ, Windy City, LA, on and on. MC

·
on line
844 Posts
BioMan said:
Lets be realistic folks, if your tailgating AND speeding your wrong twice. Should be two tickets towards a three-strikes-your-out system. Perhaps if more people followed the rules, implemented a little courtesy and weren't such impatient [email protected]@holes on the highways your beloved X would no longer be the most dangerous way to travel.
***COUGHgayCOUGH***

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I've got a fast paced life and drive a lot. The day I stop speeding is the day I die. I think it's actually more dangerous when idiots are going 60-65 while the rest of the freeway is going 75-80, swerving around the slow car.
Tailgating is for morons though. You know a stupid person when you see someone tailgating, like they're going to get anywhere any faster.

Btw MC... You own a Mr. 2?
________
Honda cd175

·
on line
134 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
BioMan said:
***COUGHgayCOUGH***
Not sure about his sexual orientation but I really doubt that even mattered to this guy.... Now I can't vouch for whether or not he was speeding but you get the idea. Its a fact, speed kills.

http://hjem.get2net.dk/tst/weird/cc118.jpg

And let me tell you how "***" it was being without my X for a month while it sat in the body shop having the backend re-constructed after being rear-ended. Luckily my wife and I just had some minor whiplash. I won't even mention the curb on 16th St in DC that I left a little bit of my old Tundra on when a guy weaving and speeding through traffic "thought" he had enough room to make it.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
I got ya all beat when it comes to Radar avoidance. A few million years of evolution have evolved these things called Eyes in my head, which connected to my brain see these numbers that the government spent billions of dollars putting on little signs at the side of the road. Some schooling taught me that these numbers actually look alot like the numbers that the nice guys at Nissan printed on the dial on my dashboard. I actually find that if the number displayed on my dashboard dial doesn't go to much above the numbers on these nice signs - The radar guns for whatever reason fail to work. Not received a single ticket ever! Weird huh!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope no MR 2. I just got the wheels on my Avalon though and about to sell that. I think everyone has done some speeding. Everytime I do I think, man this is crazy. But I like it, especially in a HP car on a desolate Limited Access private highway. Still risky but not to risk others just me. In my job I have seen a junkload of wrecks I'd say a good number like way more than half were caused by unassured following distance...even the low speed ones. It would suck to get a video ticket for that but suck even more to run into someone and cause whiplash. So we all agree both is a bad idea, follow too close is a really bad Idea. I posted this because I heard a radio program on XM with Dave Nemo about how the Police where going to really start using this LIDAR with the video. We all like to drive and to do that we need to keep the insurance rates down and our license. Keep it a Merry Christmas! MC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts