Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people... upgrading the suspension on my X. Right now I have TGC spacers and AC shackle with stock shocks all the way around. Upgrading the front to AC springs and Rancho RS9000 (later with TC UCA). I would get PRGs but I cant afford it, and I have no use for adjustables....
As for the rear, since I already have shackles, would the 2.5" AAL be sufficient to match the front? My rear springs are almost flat, and I dont want to take it back to Nissan because they I dont want another stock POS spring. I noticed on the AC website, they have the 3-leaf AAL (3" lift), what do you think about that? anyone running these?
I know about replacing the rear brake lines... but will the Rancho RS9000s from AC be enough for the total lift in the rear (AAL and shackle)????

Here is the pic of the 3-leaf AAL

·
on line
14,014 Posts
So are those the AC leafs? They look a lot like the Deavers when I got 'em. This is a pretty common topic, I'm sure somebody is gonna jump on your case soon enough for not using the "search" tool to its full extent! But either way, I've heard too many horror stories about the AC coils so I stay steer clear. Also, I'm running the rear Deavers and Bilstein 5125 shocks from PRG (a really common and fave rear lift option around here) and love the ride and look.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
AC coils with the rancho front shocks are ok, a few have run them....i know syndicate had them, but he's upgraded to radflos.....maybe he can chime in on the performance, but i recall hearing they top out a lot and are very very stiff for ride quality.

while radflos are expensive i've found it's better to wait a little bit until you can afford the good stuff then to upgrade in steps...almost seems like a waste of money to me.....and although the radflos are adjustable i don't think many of us actually change the adjustments.

AAL and shackles in the rear will give you around 3"...you only need brake lines if you extend the rear shocks. And you will need shims with AALs and shackles.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
willgr1 said:
AAL and shackles in the rear will give you around 3"...you only need brake lines if you extend the rear shocks. And you will need shims with AALs and shackles.
The AC 3-leaf pack gives 3" of lift. No need for shackles.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the search tool and couldn't find anything on teh AC 3-leaf pack.... and I was to lazy to look anymore so I posted :sleepy1:

I know greg has radflos for use without TC UCAs... and that a few people are running them.... any comments on it??

Oh, and I need camber bolts too.... with the spacers installed earlier this year, my alignment wasnt affected that much.... strange. And I forgot about the shims too!! Thanks for reminding me..

·
on line
2,077 Posts
driver X said:
I know greg has radflos for use without TC UCAs... and that a few people are running them.... any comments on it?? .

no complains if that's what your looking for. they're stiffer then stock, take bumps well, on and off road. no UCA contact issue, if there are greg will help you fix the problem. and if you want to upgrade to 3" of lift in the front you don't have to buy new coilovers, just the UCAs and the small coil spacer greg can send you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts