Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should we be able to leave the X sit, and have it fire right up. It turned over a bit, but not enough to start it and the battery was dead. The guages did the flicker thing.

I have a streamlight flashlight on charge 24/7 so I'm sure that didnt help, but I thought it would have lasted longer than that!

·
on line
735 Posts
you left a light on or something. I have left mine for 3 weeks+ with no problems. either that or your battery has died a little young. (they usually last about 4 years)

·
on line
500 Posts
mike100 said:
you left a light on or something. I have left mine for 3 weeks+ with no problems. either that or your battery has died a little young. (they usually last about 4 years)
Our Hadies (think Phoenix and the like) members report the stock batter only lasting a couple of years in 100+ heat.

Patrick

·
on line
564 Posts
Mine has been sitting for six weeks...I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow...I sure hope it starts!

Rob

·
on line
10,133 Posts
my mazda does that every time i don't drive it for about a week. although, the mazda is 3+ yrs old, so the battery is probably due for a change. also, be careful letting any vehicle sit in the elements for an extended period of time uncovered. i let my mazda sit for about a month when i first go the X and the rotors had rust buildup on the edges of the rotor. Horrible noise. Don't know if this would apply to the X, but i figured i'd throw it out there.

·
on line
735 Posts
BTW, these batteries aren't maintenance free. Take the covers off and top up the water level once or twice a year.

·
on line
279 Posts
You may have a little electrical demon somewhere in the system. My then brand-new Tacoma used to fail to start after about a week of sitting, with nothing left on. Battery maintenance didn't help. It sucked...

·
on line
500 Posts
mike100 said:
BTW, these batteries aren't maintenance free. Take the covers off and top up the level with distilled water once or twice a year.
Fixed it for ya.
Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts