Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
$160 bar, $80 mount. Won’t be bright enough, wasted energy in flood beams. Probably windshield glare.

Or for $305, brand name Baja Designs S2 Pro Spot (sport is a cheaper, 50% strength, Spot is beam direction), tiny 3x1 inch two lights that mount with stock bolts.

enough punch for its size. Replaceable front element.
I had mine for 8 months.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I went with a $90 Arsenal Off Road off of Amazon and it was great. I had it mounted for about 2 years and never an issue. No windshield glare at all. I've never had much luck with anything HF electronic. I'd pass on HF and go with an Amazon bar again in a second.

My biggest complaint about a roof mounted light bar is how much it actually reduced my visibility in certain situations. If it's snowing at all, forget about it. The light reflecting off the snow flakes was intense. If you're windshield is dusty from driving on dry dirt roads, forget about it. Also, I had a white Xterra and the glare off the hood was almost too intense to use it. I use to hunt with a guy that had a $1000 Rigid Industries light bar and he had all of the same issues, so the cheap bar didn't produce anymore glare than the uber expensive one. If I were to do a light bar again I'd go with a 20 or 22 inch grill mounted one, it would solve most of my bitching.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
No personal experience with that one but because it's HB brand and kind of expensive for them I'd think you could get an ebay equivalent for much less. Generally with lightbars what fails first is the waterproofing assuming that none of the LED's die first. There are plenty of great brands for those but like everything else you get what you pay for so they're pretty expensive.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
366 Posts

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
911 Posts
I have been using one of these from UTV Giant for about 5 years now on our RZR. It is good quality and only $110.
UTV Giant LED

The big difference with the expensive ones is how far they throw the light. Going about 45-50 with the cheap ones I have found that you are driving fast enough to outrun the light distance and it gets pretty sketchy. For causal trail running the cheap ones are fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
$160 bar, $80 mount. Won’t be bright enough, wasted energy in flood beams. Probably windshield glare.

Or for $305, brand name Baja Designs S2 Pro Spot (sport is a cheaper, 50% strength, Spot is beam direction), tiny 3x1 inch two lights that mount with stock bolts.

enough punch for its size. Replaceable front element.
I had mine for 8 months.
View attachment 133511
What are the amber lights in your grill?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Oznium 11mm in main grill and 6mm in side grille. $5 each. Nice company. Mine stopped working after a month, free replacement within a few days, no need to send it back. Nice folks in Colorado. I think Pagosa Springs in southwest CO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts