Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had a strange issue a few days ago.

Discovered that when I signal, left or right, both front lights flash - as if the hazards were on.

So, I ordered new SACK compliant bulbs and installed them today and...Success! Sort of. The front turn signals function properly, but now all of a sudden the side marker lights don't come on at all. When signaling, when locking/unlocking the X, with parking lights or full on lights, or fog lights, etc. They just don't come on. :angry5:

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I've checked all relevant fuses.

Thinking I might put regular bulbs in the sidemarkers and see if that makes a difference - though I'm worried it might mess something up having a couple incandescents in there.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every light is LED with the exception of the headlights and foglights, have been for a couple years. I put in the resistors on each side on the tail lights. They are the correct resistance, 3 ohms as mentioned in this thread:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16260

I'll double check them, but they should be fine. Every other light seems to be working just fine which is what makes this strange.

·
on line
612 Posts
Ok... Just checking. When I added my ARB bumper the turn signals it came with were halogen bulbs and I had the exact same behavior as what you're experiencing. It was like that until I replaced the halogens with LEDs. Maybe you're putting on too much of a load?

Mobile Post...

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And....Blown fuse. I had pulled the "Illumination" fuse last night and looked at it, and it seemed fine. But this morning, to double check, I used my multimeter. Sure enough, it was blown. Replaced the fuse and we're back in business!! :cheers:

I guess you just have to look really closely at the fuses, sometimes the split isn't very obvious.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts