Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the interior lights of my X with LED bulbs I got off Amazon. The rear passenger light keeps glowing while in the middle (car doors open) position. I read about usin a 1k 1/4w resistor to get rid of this ghosting effect. Anyone have success with this? Where did you install it?

Didn't mind the ghosting too much, but my battery was dead on day... However my battery was 5 years old and wouldn't start after sitting for 3 days in the frigid cold. I want to make sure the LEDs are not draining the battery.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
More than likely the LEDs aren't draining the battery unless your vehicle is sitting for days on end without being started.
As for the ghosting, the resistor should go across the backside of the LED bulb.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Toss a resistor on it MeHere! LEDs in the dome are nice because it's so much brighter.
I'm adding it to the (never ending) list!! I do use them, but just leave in the off position as to be careful to not drain the battery

·
Registered
211 Posts
Like Brunnie said, even with the valve wide open, it would take quite a while for an LED to drain your battery. They're very efficient. I let my Altima ghost for years...

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Like Brunnie said, even with the valve wide open, it would take quite a while for an LED to drain your battery. They're very efficient. I let my Altima ghost for years...
I've had no luck with the batteries in the beast, between the hot outlet and just replacing the alt and two batteries I'm sticking to off, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try adding a 1/4 Watt, 1k or 1.5k resistor across the two ends of the LED. Here's a short video for explanation:

Thanks for the vid. This is very helpful? Should I do it for every light or will one point of resistance be enough for the entire interior system (if so where would be best choice)?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
That's what I'm doing in the interim... It's weird, as it seems to only occur at the rear passenger dome light and no where else. Tried different bulbs too but to no avail.
I have the ghosting on all 4! My rig is dark at night, lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the vid. This is very helpful? Should I do it for every light or will one point of resistance be enough for the entire interior system (if so where would be best choice)?
I think you have to do them all. Try one point and see how it goes, but off hand, I think every one needs the resistor. Let us know!

·
Registered
117 Posts
My leds from Amazon lasted 4 months so just got some from super bright online, they have resistors already

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check this out also from the Member's Product Sale section:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check this out also from the Member's Product Sale section:

Thanks! Requested a set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts