Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

LED Fog Lights

23K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Shortbuss 
#1 ·
Like alot of you I'm crazy about LEDs, from interior to exterior. SuperBrightLEDs.com just came out with a kid for Nissan's and it shows it on a 14' X. I've been in search for a kit for a while because frankly LED headlights and replacement bulbs are OK at best compared to HIDs and high proforma halogens.
These are an actual kit and whole replacement. And for $120 it's much cheeper then the stock fogs.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ytime-running-lights-toyota-nissan/3540/7534/
Curious to see if any of you are running these already. And wanted to let you know of their availability.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It looks like the brackets are already on them. They look plug and play.

They are actually located here in STL. I should see if they need a tester...

#3 ·
#4 ·
#11 · (Edited)
I like the drive light feature of those, however about 18 months ago I went with the replacement Diode Dynamic housing and they are amazing. I have sold a few sets locally due to others seeing them. They are just fogs, not fancy halos, but the lumens are much higher and I am going to have to go with their measurements since they hurt to look directly at more than my Zebra SC600 flashlight, my Fenix TK40, or te Jetbeam M1X.

Diode dynamics rates the fogs at 1400 lumen, and I would believe that, they are stupid bright, but due to the focus lens put the light right where you need it the SBL ar 500 lumen so there will a difference in output. Based off of each manufactures rated kelvin scale, the Diode dynamics will be less blue (DD 5K compared to the SBL at 6800K)

But I am very interested in your review when you get them installed and some beam shots. I also like the ones that FFTX posted, great shots and good looking rig Sir.

Some comparison shots.

This is the factory fog that had to be modded to remove the forward facing points to fit the shrockworks bumper since they no longer provide an adapter ring, but seriously, its not hard, I had more of a bear modifying the trailer connector to fit the Maxterra bumper than modifying the fog light points. If youy look at the photos above you will notice the replacement LED fog does not have the points and no mod was necessary to attach to the shrockworks bumper nor the factory.

Installed in the shrock bumper

Beamshot from the driveway, you can see how it directs the beam far to the sides without any light being thrown up into traffic. The only time I have to worry about blinding someone is getting behind a smaller car or more so a lowrider. In that case, everything in their car is highly illuminated. In this photo my truck is to the right of me, the light will project a good 4-5 lanes on the freeway with ease, and will climb about 2 feet up the median retaining wall but will not throw over it. Seriously one of the best lighting upgrades I made to the X.

This video captures the throw the best throughout the video you can see the fog hitting the medians the entire time but not high up them. But at 2:19 you can see the fog throw compared to the headlight throw along the side of the subie douche nugget A Hole. Read the video description if you want to know what happened.... Its hard for the dash cam to capture the light with the dark but again this video shows it best for what I have. In person, however you SEE the difference.

#14 ·
I just installed some Morimoto Type S XB LED fog lights, and they actually have a very dim red/green hue under the beam. It's almost in a small u shape. It's visible up against a wall that is about 3 feet away, is it not apparent from far? I'll be able to test them better tonight when it get's dark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.