Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
on line
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the walkthrough on doing interior LED's from Dragon Playboy. I was very impressed, but that was way over my head. I could probably do it but I'd probably end up jacking up my entire lighting system :(

Coming from the world of rice rockets I knew there had to be an easier way. Lucky for us there is.

I've already done the research for you: For map, dome and rear light they're all the:

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3175

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3175

Here is the website you go to to purchase them or if you have an 05 model you can look it up, it's a snap. -

http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderInfo/BulbReplacements/

Lucky for us the map, dome and rear light are all the same. The colors you can pick are: Blue, Red, Hyperwhite and Green. Personally in my Acura I had all Blue and the effect was friggin' sweet. All you gotta do, is take out the old lights and plug in the new ones (with gloves) and you're done. The lights were of really good quality too, never had a problem with them. Plus, if you order before Christmas you get 15% off. I guess unless someone steps up to the plate, I will buy them and post a how-to.

Happy Thanksgiving every1!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well too bad i already bought dragonplayboy's LED lights. I am extremely impressed with how they look... and i havent even seen them in the dark yet (just got them in the mail today). But i would probably go this way if i didnt already have them done.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Great! I thought the lights were a bit dim and thought about replacing them.

So, I need 4 bulbs correct:

2 Map
1 Dome
1 Rear Cargo

I suppose the 30mm length bulbs fit our trucks...or do the 39mm fit.

·
on line
844 Posts
you should be good with 30mm, and S-E-Xterra, don't worry, the ones I made are about 3 times as bright as those, and they won't burn out the way those do (i had those in my altima and my 350z, and they burn out all the damn time!)

·
on line
844 Posts
woah, back up, check my LED thread, someone posted a link to 9 LED replacement bulbs, the ones on the website listed above are a lil' crappy looking... they have like 2 or 4 LED's per bulb...

·
on line
189 Posts
im thinkin about changin mi inside lights..
But how many should i buy..
Like how many for each..

and wat color would look best..
im thinkin about doin White....

·
on line
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...I haven't bought them for the X yet but they certainly did the job for the Ac. I would say just get one for each spot you wanna mount a new light. Test em' out if you're down with them then get more. Personally I liked blue. It's a nice effect when your doors open and a nice stealth blue floods the area. You can still see maps and stuff like that. But hey as Hugh Hefner says, "Different Strokes for Different Folks".

·
on line
844 Posts
I did a how-to on making your own, I could make you some but it'd run you about 90 bucks. it takes the better part of a day to do it.

·
on line
189 Posts
can somebody post up some pictures of there inside with these LED bulbs put on...

thanksss

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
can somebody post up some pictures of there inside with these LED bulbs put on...

thanksss
These are the same as D-Playboy

·
on line
3,218 Posts
I've run regular red bulbs in vehicles in the past. Works like it should.. If there're red LED, I'll prolly use them this time. (Had a red LED 3rd brakelight on the Gen1. blingk blingk)

·
on line
189 Posts
BGXterra said:
Jang Pilmo said:

thanksss

are those the blue LED lightsss

·
on line
189 Posts
da blue looks nice

i have a Silver X

wat color do you think would be best for my car

white,blue,red, or purple i think..

???

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
BGXterra said:
Jang Pilmo said:

thanksss

are those the blue LED lightsss

yeah
here is the link to the how to that DBPlayboy did
Link

1 - 20 of 35 Posts