Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm interested in mounting a 22" LED bar in my Grill Mouth, but I'm not entirely sure how to mount it, I've only had the truck for few months so i havent taken the grill off before to see whats under there. (its a '14 if that matters). And dont really want to go on an exploratory mission of taking it apart to just put it back together then apart again when i get the product.

I'm going to be using a cheaper LED bar (i know not to expect Rigid like output) but I am not an offroader, but i do like the look and need the light on dark wooded roads in my area.

I see the xoskel bar but dont know if the available holes would match up, or should i mount directly to some sort of support thats hidden under there?

thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was having a hard time finding a picture of the xoskel bar, so im curious what does the mounting options look like? are they predrilled holes? are there a bunch of options? its it adjustable somehow? I just dont want to get it then have the light not line up with the holes

·
Registered
364 Posts
my boss in russellville own a company called maxlumensinc.com its a great product at a great price i install them for him all the time in all vehicle makes/ models when i get off from the stereo shop. check out the website for a good price but mainly wanted to suggest the way i am mounting my 20" alpha series bar is basically with a 1/4" flat steal bar on the underside of the plastic then will run a rivnut through it and fasten it down that way i might even be able to talk him into a group buy if there is interest in it

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
XOSKEL BMB . SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM 14.5" led bar $120 and led driving lights from same store $79.99 . the led light bar's mounts are different than the majority on the market but i modified them slightly and used "turn buckle" type things to mount it to the Bumper Mouth Bracket. I added a few of my own holes to Xoskel's bmb to make my setup work. I seriously debated going with a longer light bar, but do really like my driving lights

DSC_0901 by BischofJr, on Flickr

DSC_0902 by BischofJr, on Flickr

PhotoGrid_1366834015405 by BischofJr, on Flickr

·
Registered
223 Posts
I took a chance and ordered from Xoskel a month or so back for the Lo-pro light bar. He told me that they were scheduled to go to the powder coating company that week, and that it would be a two week delay to get the bar. Low and behold a week later he sent me an email stating that they were back and he was shipping mine out.

I Personally had a good experience with him, and that was recently. Maybe he has gotten better about things?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
And nutsgoweee:
FINALLY had some time to mount mine up and thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to go this route in the future. I used the bumper mouth bracket but we'll see how that works out.

Flipped the brackets inward on the light and marked where the bracket needed to be drilled. It's a VERY close fit:

Removed the grill (much easier to do it this way) and mounted the side pieces on the highest slot and mounted the bar as high as possible:

Had to cut small notches in the upper edge of the mouth so the brackets could tilt forward:

With the bumper mouth bracket on the highest setting and rotated upward I didn't even have to modify the mounts to get it in the center.

Works out almost perfect

Just need to wire it up and install my switches!

Other than moving the license plate off the holder and cutting out the supports (which after doing this I'm now not sure I even needed to do because it sits so far forward).

Big thanks to N.Y.X. again for setting up these GBs and especially for putting up with FedEx for me to get it up here. Now hopefully it won't turn purple!

·
Registered
310 Posts
i personally had a good experience with xoskel.. everything was fast.. back to the original post ******* led light bars look good in the bumper mouth. as listed in this thread there are plenty of ways to do it

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have ordered from Xoskel and got my bumper light mount in like 3 days.
It was probably somebody else's who ordered it a year ago and was told it would ship the next day. After he quit responding to the poor saps calls and emails until it was too late to get a refund and he finally gave up, he resold it to you! I don't know this for a fact, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I have ordered from Xoskel and got my bumper light mount in like 3 days.
how long ago?

i have a low pro light bar in the garage that delivered the same week I ordered it... over a year ago when times were good

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well I got mine from a member here, paid him this morning he's going to ship in the next few days.

I'm excited to get mine in there and running

·
Registered
448 Posts
Every ******* has their opinions right? :) Got mine like a year ago. Whats going on lately with Xoskel for him to get badmouthed like this? Serious question.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts