Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased an 'S' and would like to get a leather steering wheel cover. We would like something less slippery than our stock plastic wheel, but still thin. I did a search, but didn't find any info. on this forum, thus the new topic.
We have the gray interior and light gray plastic steering wheel.
On the net I found 'wheelskins'. Looked o.k.
Anyone familiar with them? Any other ideas.
Thanks for your help.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Wheelskins are nice from what I've seen. A few friends have gotten them in the past. They install cleanly and don't stand out like an add-on.

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xterrock, Thanks for the feedback.

·
on line
96 Posts
We just purchased an 'S' and would like to get a leather steering wheel cover. We would like something less slippery than our stock plastic wheel, but still thin. I did a search, but didn't find any info. on this forum, thus the new topic.
We have the gray interior and light gray plastic steering wheel.
On the net I found 'wheelskins'. Looked o.k.
Anyone familiar with them? Any other ideas.
Thanks for your help.
Just wanted to know if you made the purchase? If so, what's the verdict?

·
on line
157 Posts
I think I'm going to take the plunge. I requested samples and to my surprise they actually came. My only concern is the wheel has thumb rests so I want to see if they take that into account otherwise it would be a deal breaker for me. I just haven't had the time to call them...

·
on line
157 Posts
I just placed my order today, apparently the leather is designed to "stretch" so the thumb-rests shouldn't be a problem. Should have them towards the end of this week so I'll report in this weekend...

·
on line
157 Posts
Well, the product is good and the customer service is good but the fitment, to me, is horrid. The spokes on the wheel are too wide to get a perfect fitment. I started at 11 o'clock and stopped when I got to 7 because the bottom spoke is too wide.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:rockin: I don't know if the "S" comes with the thumb rests, in the steering, but

My OR does and I don't need any additions, my "MR. HORSEPOWER" Imitation Leather fits perfect and is thick enough to assist the wheel grip, when there's action required

:geek::geek: JIMBO

·
on line
157 Posts
My last two vehicles had leather wrapped steering wheels so I'm very disappointed I'm not able to replicate. The guy on the phone was very nice when I called to order, I hope they're nice when I call to return.

·
on line
157 Posts
I think the spokes are just too big for it to look good. The right thumb rest wasn't a problem, the left is weird because the thread snapped. The bottom bothers me a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts