Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading a bunch of posts on here about leather seating surfaces, etc. I figured i would try a set of seat covers. So I went surfing on ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=110073112751

I got them about 10 days after I paid for the auction (they are made to order with any option you want)

Installation took approximately 3 hours, take your time is what I have to say, and make sure you do it in a place where its warm, the leather needs to stretch out, these are an extremely tight fit. Make sure if you buy from this seller, you specify which model you have, weither or not you have seat controls on both sides, and if you have a fold flat passenger seat or not. it makes a difference.

Overall they turned out really well, extremely tight fit, and good finish. Ill post pictures shortly.

Tom

·
on line
134 Posts
Thanks for taking the leap. I'm looking forward to your pics as this is something I may do in the future.

·
on line
160 Posts
Do they cover the back of the seats as well? Are you going to post any pictures? Thanks...

·
on line
559 Posts
Ye, pics would be great. How do they attach on the bottom of the seats? The old covers don't need to come off? These are leatherette, right? Are they hot after you sit on them for awhile?

·
on line
551 Posts
Looking at the pics on the ebay link, they do look very nice.
interesting that they are located only a few miles from Coverking, and their description of their company matches closely to Coverking.
not dissing anyone, just noticing the similarities

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JAdams said:
Those look great! On the back seats do they cover all the way over the hard plastic of the seat?
Yes they do, but they were smart about it, they made the back of the seats out of neoprene so you can still lay crap on them, and wash it out with soap and water.,

on the leather seating surfaces you can use leather cleaner just fine. prior to taking the pictures I ran across them with armor-all leather cleaner.

For the Rear, I use some of the cargo hooks, so I cut an incision in the back of the neoprene right by the cargo hooks so I can use them still.

Best thing I forgot to mention about the seats is they are foam backed, so you get some more cushion out of them too. Very comfy seats, and once you clean and seal the leather you can slide in and out of the vehicle.

ON the web link i posted above, you can call them at the number listed on the auction, and get any color combination you want. just make sure you are very specific on the model X, and options you have (e.g. Passenger Seat Controls, Fold Front Pass Seat, etc)

·
on line
463 Posts
Very, Very, Nice !

The seats in mine are a sore point. Itseems as though they amrk almost at the smallest thought of " spills "

And the fit of yours is really tempting !

Very Nice work !

Jim B

·
on line
551 Posts
Great work and looks good.
I like that Pioneer HU. Looks like a nice fit. Trying to talk the boss (DW) into getting one. I don't think I'll win this one, but I think I will finally get my Garmin 60CSx

·
on line
196 Posts
Nice install Tom! Those seat covers look very nice! Got a picture of the back of the rear bench?? I just got quote for about $1000 for all black leather for the front and rear, so i'm probably just going to go that route. I am buying these: http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/iheat/index.html for the front seats, the upholstery guy said he would install those as well, should turn out pretty good. That D2 looks nice! next week I am getting the camera and xm nav traffic hooked up!! Did you see that they already have a D3? I looked it up, it costs less, but has poorer resolution, lacks many things the D2 has, a smaller screen, but it does have bluetooth and the ability to switch the button colors! Those are the two things I want most! Nice seats!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts