Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I went through this exact issue when I rebuilt my rear. First I penetrated everything with PB then unbolted the other end of the leaf. Then whacked the lower shackled end of the leaf with a 5lb mallet. It fell right off. Then I wiggled the shackle up and down to get some movement on the upper shackle. Eventually it worked itself off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
I had trouble removing the shackles when I did mine. I soaked everything with PB Blaster, removed the springs from everything else and used them as leverage to "wiggle" the upper shackle mount out. Once they were out and on the ground, I went to work with a 5 lb sledge to separate them from the springs.
 
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Top