Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just had a couple questions regarding suspension. I just picked up a 2008 Xterra. The drivers leaf spring is broken and i'm looking to replace both sides. I plan on doing the shocks at the same time (bilstien). The issue i'm running into is i'm not sure what brands are reputable for the leaf springs. I'm also not sure what other bits and pieces i'll need to do the job. I'm not looking to do a lift, just keep it oem. Any help would be appreciated on what I would need or where I can find the parts short of calling Nissan directly.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the link and reply. Just browsing the forum it def looks like most people are off roading their xterras. This one is at most hitting some gravel roads in the rockies so nothing more than OEM is needed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
OEM is too soft even for "normal" driving.
I have had 3 dudes and a cooler on a previous Xterra and it would bottom out in the rear over almost every rut on the interstate.
Then bought the regular strength general Springs.
Nearly no improvement despite being much newer.
So I had to do an add a leaf at no small addtional expense to get it up to the HD standard.

So when buying the general Springs Xterra leafs check the "HD" option.
(or any other aftermarket leaf spring packet)
You'll thank me later.

·
on line
117 Posts
Do not go OEM, they suck and are more expensive than the ones OME ones. I got rid of my stock (they were sh!t) and replaced with OME and they are so much better, and my X rarely if never sees dirt

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
400 Posts
I ordered General Springs. I called them and asked where they were made, I didn't want Chinese pot steel. They said for my application they were made here in the US. They showed up and had stickers on them saying they were from Indonesia.....
i trust they’re still working fine though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Adamjp313, if you are in Edmonton. Alberta Spring & Trailer can make you a set of leafs, and if you are willing to do the assembly and install yourself you can save a pile. Even if you get them to do the install work, it's a lot cheaper than getting something shipped in from the states.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks BBAW, I am in Edmonton and just called them. They have everything in stock and it was cheaper than General Springs after shipping, customs etc.

Edit*
just picked them up. Saved about $300 total between all the hardware, shackles, springs etc. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
2006 Off Road
104 Posts
Thanks BBAW, I am in Edmonton and just called them. They have everything in stock and it was cheaper than General Springs after shipping, customs etc.

Edit*
just picked them up. Saved about $300 total between all the hardware, shackles, springs etc. Thanks for the recommendation!
What was the total cost in (CDN$)? Did you install them yourself or have them installed? I live in Alberta too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts