Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive been an xterra owner for seven months and im just having too much fun driving this beast. i havent had a speeding ticket for 11 years before i bought the X, now ive gotten 2, yes 2 speeding tickets the last 3
three months and i seriously need to start obeying the law again(or is my luck running out?)...just finding a place to vent...thanks for reading...

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I set the cruise for that particular reason.

Also, I know a few on here have had their X's shut down at 120, so you got 10mph to go :geek:

·
on line
463 Posts
Yes, indeed the new Xs are a pleasure to drive on the freeways as well as off the beaten path,,,
BUT,
Beware ! the radar lurks !
I got snagged in a small town outside of Reno by the Nevada Highway Patrol..
Good Times !
Jim B

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Yep i got one a few months after getting the X getting off of work, that bad part is that it wasn't even a block away from work and i was already over the limit

·
on line
278 Posts
I got 4 tickets in 30 days while driving my Kia Rio station wagon. :sad10: WTF??? I asked myself that same question. I don't want to lose the license and get the X taken away, so I have had to curb my speed...A LOT. :)

·
on line
1,361 Posts
1_BAMF_X said:
I got 4 tickets in 30 days while driving my Kia Rio station wagon. :sad10: WTF??? I asked myself that same question. I don't want to lose the license and get the X taken away, so I have had to curb my speed...A LOT. :)
now that sucks. I would slow down for sure

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i guess i better slow down before my wife kicks my arse :cheers:

·
on line
168 Posts
Seeing how your speedometer actually reads 2-3 mph faster than your actually going at 65 (the delta climbs a little higher the faster you go). I got pulled over the other day for 66 in a 55. My GPS log reads 66. My speedo showed about 63 and I have fairly new stock tires.

·
on line
631 Posts
my 97 XJ was clocked doing 113mph in Beaver, UT. ticket cost me $780!! my radar didnt catch the UHP until AFTER i passed him. POS radar. my most expensive ticket :( i told the UHP officer if it was correct, that i was going that fast and he gave me a printout. i said "WOW! i didnt think my jeep could go that fast!"

only 1 in the X. doing 83 in a 75 in Beaver, UT again haha.

DONT SPEED THRU THAT AREA ON I-15!! UHP are assholes there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts