Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Fall has arrived, is anybody planning a trip to the LBL anytime soon? Airmapper and myself went last Spring and had a good time exploring several trails. However, I know there are a lot more left to check out.

I would be up for meeting up on a weekend, preferably on a Sunday (day off).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I don't have any plans, but I've been wanting to go again, that last trip I went with you on was fun. Let me know, I'll try to make it out there one day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am also interested in a LBL excursion... riding around LBL makes for a good afternoon or day

·
Registered
89 Posts
so is any interested in going to LBL? I'm thinking of hitting the trials this weekend.

·
Registered
89 Posts
no worries

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortuneatly I wasn't able to go this weekend. Too much going on. If you were able to get down there, please give us a tirp report to let us know how it went! Especially if you can supply some information on the trails that you took. Always looking for more good trails that I can explore.

If nothing comes up, I will probably be going down to the LBL next Sunday with my Titan to try it out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did not get a chance to hit the trails this weekend. Instead I worked on my M101a2 trailer, building it into a hunting, camping, Expo trailer.

This is the link to LBL website with all the trail maps and camp grids.

http://www.lbl.org/vcmaps.html

Seeing we had our first freezes of the year I will be out hunting on the weekends now (ticks and chiggers drive me nuts). I all for a day of driving around LBL of a camping trip, I just need a week or so in advance to balance out Pregnant Wife, Hunting, Trailer Build, and work schedules.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm still interested but been working on projects every weekend, trying to make the most of whats left of mild weather. Don't know if I'd be up for next weekend or not, but I'll keep it in mind. I do want to get back over there soon.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, I agree with you guys. Life frequently gets in the way of having fun. This weekend I was trying to wrap things up in the yard, fall fertilizing, etc.

I have actually looked at the provided trail information from the LBL website in the past. However, as Airmapper and I discovered last time, it is impossible to really get an understanding of what the trail is like except from first hand knowledge. I've seen a couple of interesting Youtube videos of trails I want to try that look roomy enough, yet challanging. I think I know where one of them is located but would have to search around for the one I saw a guy run in a Hummer.

I'll post later in the week if I know I will be able to get down there next Sunday.

·
Registered
89 Posts
that's true, only first hand knowledge of the trails is going to provide any insight to how much fun they will be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I've been hiking around the lbl again and it's got me wanting to finally get around to exploring some of the access roads in my xterra. Seeing as how i have 0 experience off roading. Anyone up for showing me the ropes? I plan on being in the lbl every Saturday hiking for the foreseeable future. (cept holiday weekends)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I would be down to go up there with you one day. It won't be until around Christmas most likely, but I can definitely make times for a trip there and try to show you whats going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds good. i'll pm ya my cell. Just shoot me a text when you're free. I'm pretty familiar with most of the northern part of the lbl. Been working my way down the north/south trail with the dog.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm on vacation for the next 30 days ... anyone wanting to hit the trails?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'll be off a few weeks later in the month, so if we can get something going, I'd be interested. A weekend might work as well. Hopefully I can get out there, I'm overdue for a run.

Might ask the guys over there how bad the ice got last weekend, I only caught the edge of it over here and I have trees down in the driveway. I remember the ice storm over there several years ago, it shut down the paved roads, and it took them years to reopen the access roads. If ice got bad out there you'll need logging equipment to make it down those trails, forget 4x4's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was out in the lbl last saturday trying the new tires in the snow and ice. They didn't get hit nearly as bad as paducah. most of the main trace was closed and just a sheet of ice but I didn't see any downed trees.

ps. I'm really happy with the Hancooks I put on the X

1 - 20 of 26 Posts