Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please if you are within a 3-4 hour drive from Connellsville, PA, please print, sign and send in this petition. Also, please read the time line post linked in the top of the thread below.

http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4646

The Hawkins Hollow area is not the longest trail, it's not the most difficult trail, but it's simply a beautiful place to wheel. The road is currently a township road which means it's legal to drive on. They are trying to close it to public access.

{Spam}
South West PA Land Closure Issue - Please Read

Ok folks, we have a real land closure problem here in South West PA. One of the few legal trails in the area is in fear of being shut down. The trail in question is not real long, not real technical, but is one of the nicest spots in the area. The trail in question is a 100 year old township road, that certain people want to be taken off the books as a road and the access be turned over to a few of the surrounding land owners.

Please, take a moment of your time and read this thread and accompanying articles.
http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4645

Then please fill out and sign this petition and send it in. The 41 cents for a stamp is a very small price to pay to keep this land open (not just for wheelers, but everyone). These petitions will be presented in person at the November 13, 2007 Springfield Township meeting. So please, do this as quickly as possible.
http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4646
{/spam}

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Obviously not from the area, But I will in fact print this out and send it in for the support..

·
on line
298 Posts
Explain to me why I should fight to keep open a road that no one would tell me how to get to. In fact, this document is the best description so far.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want to know how to get there, send me a PM, or better yet, come on a run. The reason the local wheeling community doesn't post trail locations on public forums is because of abuse. We are losing land too quickly as it is.

The Ligonier / Johnstown trails are now pretty much off limits. Hawkins Hollow will be unless we do something about it and same with the Connellsville trails. If we write books and tell everyone and their mother how to get to these places, the amount of abuse would be amazing.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Dude, going wheeling alone isnt the smartest thing to do. And having an attitude thats negetive is crazy. There are always runs you can go on. Just have to be active and contribute. I wouldnt tell anyone how to get to a trail unless i met them and knew they werent nuts, or going to be abusive. Then no one would ever get to use the trails.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
mcampana said:
Dude, going wheeling alone isnt the smartest thing to do. And having an attitude thats negetive is crazy. There are always runs you can go on. Just have to be active and contribute. I wouldnt tell anyone how to get to a trail unless i met them and knew they werent nuts, or going to be abusive. Then no one would ever get to use the trails.
I agree. Even if the trail isn't stock friendly you can always go as a ride along. This way people will get to know you and will let you know the trails.

·
on line
298 Posts
I like to put thru the woods and then enjoy the serenity once I get to a location. Ill know it when I see it. That doesnt work if I'm with a large group. I know the rules of never wheeling alone, but its almost a stretch to call what I do alone (or with one friend) wheeling

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not that you really have to worry about getting stuck in most of these places, but most of the places I wheel it would be quite a walk back to anything that would resemble civilization and these are also places that you would not want to leave your vehicle unattended...it will most likely end up stripped and torched...seriously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts