Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
332 Posts
wow, i guess when have run out of mods, people think of strange things. im trying to figure out who thinks "damn, thats a sweet mod".

dont get me wrong who here wants to see ponyboys x with labo doors.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yeah.....

....some of those kits actually work pretty well (not talking about on an X specifically)...that specific kit sucks @ss.....i dated a girl who had it on her sunfire....doors would not line up properly, and the shock looking things (brain fart on what they're actually called....finals studying sucks..) went up almost on a monthly basis....

...i would personally never put such a kit on any car, not only does it not look good, but they quality is just not there.

·
on line
384 Posts
Offroad said:
That would work great on pretty narrow trails where you can't fully open the door... :geek:
That is what the back hatch is for!

I am thinking gull-wing doors (like a DeLorean) would be much cooler looking on an X. They would still be stupid, IMO, but would look better.

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts
Muzikman said:
MC, that has you written all over it. ;)
MC - Where are you - Look its got gas struts and everything. . . . .

·
Read Only
656 Posts
Lyrex said:
Offroad said:
That would work great on pretty narrow trails where you can't fully open the door... :geek:
You would still need someone to open the hatch for you. I wish there was a hatch release on the inside, it would make it easy to crawl out of the back when you sleep in the X, rather than having to go out of a door.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
buxwheat said:
Lyrex said:
Offroad said:
You would still need someone to open the hatch for you. I wish there was a hatch release on the inside, it would make it easy to crawl out of the back when you sleep in the X, rather than having to go out of a door.

sounds like a new mod to me....who's gonna be the first???

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Gen1s had an inside release mod, basically yanked from the old Pathys. I'll root around and see if I can find a link..
Yeah, you'd have to goto "xterraparts.com" and search "hatch release or emergency trunk release", but it's there. And it's out of stock, sooo, I dunno.

·
on line
631 Posts
i wanna do suicide doors to the rears of the X. if they open up that way there is so much more room for people to get in and out. gain approx 7-8" opening. but ill wait for someone else to do it before i do, so i can learn from their mistakes

·
on line
641 Posts
buxwheat said:
I wish there was a hatch release on the inside, it would make it easy to crawl out of the back when you sleep in the X, rather than having to go out of a door.
I've thought of that too. You can see from the photos in my Lift Gate Leak thread that it wouldn't be too hard to come up with something. The idea I had when looking at the 'guts' of the liftgate was a piece of wire with a ring on the end, to make a simple mechanical release, to do the same thing that happens when the exterior handle is used.

·
on line
189 Posts
to be honest with you i been thinkin about dis too

I actaully have da kit but havent put it on yet..

I got last september when i was down at NOPI in Atlanta.

i brought it from God Father Customs it is the Auto Loc doors..

i looked around for people to put it on but people say they it isit gonner work since the door gap on our X is too small and not enough room..

so even if i do put it on then i will only have a small gap when i open da door..
so im still pending on it..

and it is a Universal kit...

·
on line
339 Posts
dpatton said:
buxwheat said:
I wish there was a hatch release on the inside, it would make it easy to crawl out of the back when you sleep in the X, rather than having to go out of a door.
I've thought of that too. You can see from the photos in my Lift Gate Leak thread that it wouldn't be too hard to come up with something. The idea I had when looking at the 'guts' of the liftgate was a piece of wire with a ring on the end, to make a simple mechanical release, to do the same thing that happens when the exterior handle is used.
if you want to go the fancy route, you can buy a trunk release solenoid and mount a button somewhere.

you can find the trunk release kits online for roughly $20 shipped

·
on line
384 Posts
buxwheat said:
I swear I have seen a "How To" on this somewhere. Time to go looking.......

·
on line
384 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts